• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pipit(!) - kolkata, India (1 Viewer)

nbt

I have seen this birds on 9/03/11. Please help me to find its ID. Sorry for poor quality image.

Attachments

• IMG_5583-2.jpg
    IMG_5583-2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 136
The flank streaks look too thin and less well defined for OBP also the head pattern/supercillium is rather undefined too.I think it`s a Tree Pipit.

I agree with snovcap.

Back is IMO to streaked for OBP but i do understand that it´s easy to confuse some TP with OBP esp. those with such a strong supercill. etc

I agree with snovcap.

Back is IMO to streaked for OBP but i do understand that it´s easy to confuse some TP with OBP esp. those with such a strong supercill. etc
Actually, there should not be any confusion with a pipit looking like this. Just me being to quick and not keeping ranges in mind. :-C

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back