• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with LX-5 and Swarovski AT80 HD (1 Viewer)

Roly47

Hello - I'm Roly47 and I've just joined BirdForum.
I am hoping someone can advise me about connecting my Lumix LX-5 to my Swarovski AT 80 HD. The scope has the "newer" 20-60 zoom eyepiece which is a bayonet fit. The eyepiece is overall 46mm diameter but the rubber eyeguard unscrews to reveal a male thread which I measure as about 36mm dia.

I have been reading about the Leica Digiscoping adaptor 4 (42309) which will attach to the LX-5 with a 45mm-46mm step up ring. What I don't know is whether this adaptor will go round the Swarovski eyepiece - its apparently a snug fit on the Leica eyepiece it was designed for and I can't find the dimensions of this eyepiece!
Perhaps there is some way of using the Lumix DMW LA6 and using another adaptor so the camera will screw onto the thread on my eyepiece??
Any ideas will be very welcome, so thanks in advance!

Roly47

Hi Roly,
welcome to the forum!
I guess what you need is the Swarovski DCA adapter. If you search the older discussions you surely will find someone who used your camera with this adaptor.
Regards, Florian

The best solution is the Swarovski DCA . You could use a Vortex PS100 for the camera or the Swarovski UCA adapter.
There are cheaper universal adapters that will clamp onto the zoom eyepiece. Check SRG Griturn's site.
Neil.

I have been reading about the Leica Digiscoping adaptor 4 (42309) which will attach to the LX-5 with a 45mm-46mm step up ring.
Roly47

There is a Leica Digiscoping adapter especially for the Leica De-Lux 5 (and hence also the Lumix LX-5). Part number 42332. No need for step-up rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back