• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Untitled... (2 Viewers)

Crikey!

Been far too cold to sketch for ages! -10 tonight!
Plenty of BoHo Waxwings keeping me busy, and teaching me much.
All is being noted down in various ways.

Just wanted to wish you all a very Happy Xmas, and very many best wishes for all your personal wishes, safety and happiness in 2011.

I hope it will be a good and fine year for us all!

In the meantime? Some Wildlife Art?

Daisy the Dog regularly used to ring the "Time" bell in a local pub. I knew her since she was a pup. She had to be euthanised recently, as she had massive inoperable cancers at the age of 4! But she made the national press in the UK, as a result of her talents! Her fame will live on! ;)

This was done as a homage to her. And a Xmas present from her owner's mother.

The next you will see here...well let's wait and see shall we?:cat:

Thanks to all for your kind words and support in 2010.

Have a cracking Xmas and New Year wherever you are! ;)B :):king::cat::t:

Attachments

• Dear Departed Daisy1.jpg
    Dear Departed Daisy1.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
As a dog person, that is a very sad story Phil. But your memorial piece is great, and I'm sure will be well received by everyone who knew or knew of Daisy. I have two 'geriatric' Labs - a chocolate who will be 15 in April if he hangs in there, and a yellow who turned 14 in mid-September. They've been wonderful, but it's always tough to get to the end of the road - dogs just don't live long enough.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Phil

many thanks for all the encouragement this year, you must make copies of that dog ( a Jack Russell ?) to give to all who loved her...

See you next year....B :)

This is great Phil! I'm not really a canine fan but I do have a soft spot for Jacks. A wonderfully fitting present and a real testament to your talent, sir.

Have a wonderful xmas (well what's left of it!) and all the best for the New Year.

Russ

This is great Phil! I'm not really a canine fan but I do have a soft spot for Jacks. A wonderfully fitting present and a real testament to your talent, sir.

Have a wonderful xmas (well what's left of it!) and all the best for the New Year.

Russ

Couldn't agree more Phil! Happy New Year as well!

Great memorial for Daisy!

Wish you all the best for 2011 ,a very happy new year,may your wishes come true

friendly greetings Gaby

Having just welcomed a Jack Russel (x fox terrier) into the household, this little portrait rings full of truth. Characterful they are, and extremely engaging (as well as being little sh!ts :) )
Another beautifully structured illustration, mate.

genius..a j russel with that extra length of leg, so it can really jump steal hunt and stray..

you haven't thought about taking on Joey Barton as an au pair and artist's assistant?
He's a fecking swine!!!! - both Barton and Freddie (Freddie after Senor Mercury - Donnie the black lab is after Donovan, Oiresh hippy singer).
Freddie has taken to pissing off into the neighbour's fields and eating sheep sh!t - not the most pleasant thing to do. I have now officially taken over from darling eldest daughter in his training. Longer legs he may have now, but if he continues in his errant ways, he'll have four less . . .
Here's Freddie the *stard and Edie with Meg (sorry for the thread hijack, Phil. All the best to you, too!)

Attachments

• sav freddie.jpg
    sav freddie.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 50
  • edie meg 1.jpg
    edie meg 1.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 48
Nice photos Tim! Sorry. Have done nothing for ages!

Hope the book is going well?!

And much love to all on the Art Department Forum! ;)
Hey Phil - good to hear from you back on here. Yep, book seems to be doing fine although I don't get any regular updates from the publisher. Look forward to seeing more stuff from you soon - once spring decides it's coming to stay, maybe?

Late Postcards From Minorca...

#1 Punta Nati: Thekla Lark

Apologies for being away so long.
Tim was right. I needed a shot of Spring in the painting arm!
A little rusty though...
7 days in the beautiful company of Menorca. Lots to tell. Little time to sketch. A lot to take in.
Experience, observation, bad photos, and many travelogue ideas to work from...

That afternoon at Punti Nati (semi-desert) was hotter than Hell.

Here's an interpretation of a Thekla Lark.

Glad to be back...;)

Attachments

• Punta Nati Thekla 100dpi.jpg
    Punta Nati Thekla 100dpi.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 62
Late Postcards From Minorca...

#2 First Hoopoe

1st evening a Hoopoe 2 streets away...

Madame U's first!

Drawn that night from memory.

As usual it disappeared in an impossible magical way...:cat:

Attachments

• Abubilla Forcat.jpg
    Abubilla Forcat.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 46
I've been back a few days!

We spent a week at Cala 'N Forcat. In the North West. West and North of Ciutadella.
But slept here and ranged, via hire car, far and wide.

A trip report is fomenting...

Until then...

..."Schindler's Lift"...:eek!:

(Mao/Mahon Airport...)

Attachments

• Schindler's Lift.jpg
    Schindler's Lift.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back