• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NOISE REMOVER (FREE) Picture Cooler (1 Viewer)

ronniex said:
Do you have the code now ?
some times the credit card company is slow
to report it to me (the author of Picture Cooler)
Pleas send a e-mail to me the e-mail address is in Picture Cooler.
Ronnie.

Thanks Ronnie, I have received the code and everything is working great. A brilliant piece of software.

Hi Ronnie,
The program is very nice and effective. However - it's quite slow even on a fast PC with a lot of RAM. Did you consider to make it as a PS plugin?

Does anyone know if this program handle 16 bit TIFF and any RAW formats?

The Picture Cooler web site looks rather rough, but the reviews seem good.

Leif

free Denoiser Picture cooler updated

NIKONROB said:
I was looking around various forums for Neat Image noise remover and came across Picture Cooler, it is at the moment FREE, and a full program, this is a lifetime program and you won't be charged later.

I have tried it and I must say it works very well, and almost idiot proof to use, I have since read on other forums that lots of other people are getting simular good results, all I can say is get in quick before you start getting charged for this program, it is only 660kb to download, I am sure you will like the results, and it costs nothing to try.

LINK to site http://denoiser.shorturl.com/ :t:

Rob

It is now updated to version 2.28-02
download from http://denoiser.shorturl.com/
Ronnie.

Sample of what picture cooler can do

I have recently bought picture cooler, I thought it would be a good idea to show what the program can do.

I am very pleased with the results for such a small fee for the full version.

Attachments

• Buzzardc111205-008.jpg
    Buzzardc111205-008.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 227
  • filtered_Buzzardc111205-008.jpg
    filtered_Buzzardc111205-008.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 215
Ronniex

I have sent you an email. I have just had to put in new motherboard the computer code has changed so won't allow me to ulock.

raptormaldonado said:
Hi everyone, I just downloaded Picture Cooler and it looks a very good denoiser, but I got a problem, I can't save the files after the edition on the program, I don't get any type option to save the image only the underline simbol ( _ ), Can someone help me? Thanks.

There is a new version 2.30 that don't have that problem anymore.
FREE version http://denoiser.shorturl.com/
It is in the top 3 of denoisers
read review of denoisers at http://www.michaelalmond.com/Articles/noise1.htm
Ronnie.

I downloaded the newest version 2.45.01 today (12/10/06) and it works great to get the best out of poorly exposed photos after adjustments using photoshop. I wish the author make a photoshop plugin for this great piece of software. CONGRATS to the author - Ronnie.

Download the latest version at

http://denoiser.shorturl.com/

It is in the top 3 of denoisers and I stumbled on this after reading very good reviews on denoisers at http://www.michaelalmond.com/Articles/noise1.htm

Dek it can be used as a plugin the instructions on how to set it up is the program. Along the top row you should see the plug in button press on that and then press any of the home pages they will tell you how to set it up.

Christine,

Do you know if it can be used as a Plug-In with Elements versions of Photoshop or is it just the full-blown programme? I have struggled to add it to Elements v:3.

Regardless, PictureCooler is very effective and has done wonders for many photographs which I recently took in Kenya at high ISO (800/1600) in order to ensure a reasonably high shutter speed with a 100-400mm Zoom mostly at the long end.

Adrian

Boy George said:
Christine,

Do you know if it can be used as a Plug-In with Elements versions of Photoshop or is it just the full-blown programme? I have struggled to add it to Elements v:3.

Regardless, PictureCooler is very effective and has done wonders for many photographs which I recently took in Kenya at high ISO (800/1600) in order to ensure a reasonably high shutter speed with a 100-400mm Zoom mostly at the long end.

Adrian

You must have a full version of Photoshop (with actions)
Ronnie.

Hi,

I could do with a bit of advice in using this kind of software. Do you use the denoiser on the un-altered image prior to any cropping, sharpening etc?

Regards
Tristan

Last edited:
Hi Tristan, everything I have read elsewhere on this subject recommends noise reduction first. Have just downloaded free version of Picture Cooler and tried on photo that had already been cropped, sharpened etc. and results were impressive.

I always crop, resize and sharpen prior to noise reduction which is the last stage of processing for me. Personally I prefer Picturecooler over NeatImage though I sometimes use both.

Hi IanF, that is interesting as everything I have read suggests noise removal first, sharpening last. Saying that, i downloaded Picture Cooler last night and used it on a Great Spotted Woodpecker photo that had been heavily cropped, lighting adjusted as sky was very dark, and sharpened before using noise removal and results very impressive. Never done this before but will try & attach before and after pic's.

Attachments

• P1000116-1acool (Small).jpg
    P1000116-1acool (Small).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 192
  • filtered_P1000116-1acool (Small).jpg
    filtered_P1000116-1acool (Small).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 195
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back