• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray ZEN ED (1 Viewer)

I have a pair of these on the way. I thought I'd share this picture sent to me by the company (I requested for a friend who is also interested).

Looking forward to these.

Attachments

• ZEN-ED.jpg
    ZEN-ED.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 305
I think I commented on this on the first comments on the Zen (either on Looks Familar or on the other Zen thread).

Appearance is very close to the Hawke with minor differences (but perhaps the same enclosure) as the Promaster. Seems like there is one Mg allow open bridge enclosure that's out there in large numbers. The spec is also closer to the Hawke's than the Promaster (but they're very close).

The engraved white writing on the black rings below the eyecups (just like Leica ;) ) is also used by Vortex (e.g. on the Diamondback) though I'm rather surprised it doesn't have more specific branding (e.g. Zen ED or Zen Ray).

There are other good Promaster/Hawke pictures on the forum on the FrankD threads.

Last edited:
Well, I will give them one thing. They definitely are distinctive looking binoculars...flashy even. I hope to see that they live up to their looks from an optical perspective.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back