• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Urban Hedgehog! (1 Viewer)

Rycycle

Was staggering home last night with a few friends from an amazing night out when I spotted a small dark shape shuffling across the road up ahead. Clearly wasn't a cat/fox or anything but was easily too small to be the badger i have seen in the area. I walked up ahead, and when I was a little closer it was undoubtably a hedgehog! Informed my friends who crowded round it and it froze for about 3 minutes in the middle of the road. Bit of a debate whether to just leave it there or make sure it wasn't run over. In the midst if this debate, the hedgehog quietly got up and scurried off into the nearby garden - just left us standing in the middle of the road looking decidedly foolish! Won't be losing any sleep over this urban hedgehog - clearly very streetwise! Nice to have a happy ending. Quite surprised by the level of wildlife where I live - we have Tawny Owls, Foxes, Badgers, Hedgehogs and numerous species of bird - all in a city!

Heres to HARRY the HEDGEHOG B :)

LOL It IS amazing just how much wildlife there IS in towns if we only keep our eyes open....or are fortunate enough to come upon them quite by chance.

Hurrah for Harry! :clap: ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back