• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quick quiz (1 Viewer)

Trystan

Took this shot on holiday in Samos and thought it would make a good quiz, perhaps too easy, we'll see...

Attachments

• quiz1.JPG
    quiz1.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 124
I guess this one was pretty wretched after all. I would have thought Ruppells would be the next guess after subalpine.

Still, there is more work to do here...

my first thought was menetries' but that occures much more east!

I'm being cryptic now. It really is a Ruppell's but what I meant was that you need to keep looking. I do have a poor quality reveal pic which I hope will convince you.

Attachments

• ruppells.JPG
    ruppells.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Ok, different crop of the original and bigger... I guess I should have done this first.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 67
Black headed it is

Was a nice little area we found by accident. The birds had just been disturbed by a herd of goats and were a bit restless.

Attachments

• reveal.JPG
    reveal.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 56
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back