• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spanish Bird Quiz 4 (1 Viewer)

Picture nr8

-7 Species

As this one's very hard I'll give:

-1 Extra point for five species OK
-2 Extra points for six species OK
-3 Extra points for seven species OK

Little help:

4 Ducks + 3 Waders

(I've updated the picture and four more pictures They're four pieces from the big picture so you can have a better look)

Attachments

• Quiz 408.JPG
    Quiz 408.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5089a.JPG
    IMG_5089a.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5089b.JPG
    IMG_5089b.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5089c.JPG
    IMG_5089c.JPG
    350.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5089d.JPG
    IMG_5089d.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 62
Mallard
Shoveler
Teal
Lapwing
Shelduck
Snipe
Not sure of the last... Black-tailed Godwit?

Also, is there not a Gadwall, in the water in the middle of the back spit, looking left?

Last edited:
Mallard.
Teal.
Shoveler.
Shelduck.
Black Tailed Godwit.
Redshank.
Lapwing.

+Gadwall.

Last edited:
Mallard
Teal
Shoveler
Shellduck
Black-tailed Godwit
Common Snipe
Lapwing

+ Possible Gadwall and I'm sure there's a Dabchick in with the Teal, 5th photo, top right, 2nd bird in?.....

Am I the only one who can't see a Lapwing? Mallard, Teal, Shelduck, Shoveler, Black-tailed Godwit and then I'm guessing (or should I say copying).....Redshank and, go on then, Lapwing.

Phil

Where do you see the Gadwall?
I can't find it! :(

The bird tri-counties has picked out was not one of the two Gadwalls I think are in the pictures. In the first picture the duck in the centre of the nearest island. In the same picture with a drake Mallard on the right hand end, two birds are coming towards you and the bird on the right of the two looks like a male Gadwall.

CB

I think the gadwall is a shoveler seen at an angle where the white patch at the back is entirely surrounded by the darker parts of the bird. Apart from shoveler, I see teal, shelduck, mallard, lapwing and black-tailed godwit - perhaps a snipe hidden in the grass?

Am I the only one who can't see a Lapwing? Mallard, Teal, Shelduck, Shoveler, Black-tailed Godwit and then I'm guessing (or should I say copying).....Redshank and, go on then, Lapwing.

Phil

Took me ages to find the little bugger Phil, have another look.

Got the lapwing fairly early on and what is possibly the godwit - too late to change my choices - but cant see other waders..... Struggling for a gadwall....

The bird tri-counties has picked out was not one of the two Gadwalls I think are in the pictures. In the first picture the duck in the centre of the nearest island. In the same picture with a drake Mallard on the right hand end, two birds are coming towards you and the bird on the right of the two looks like a male Gadwall.

CB

I've zoomed it too.

Attachments

• birdq8  2.JPG
    birdq8 2.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 39
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back