• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Moth Trap at last! (1 Viewer)

sbooder

an english birder in france
Hi All,
I have not been on the forum for such a long time, ever since we moved to France really.

But anyway, I digress. I have finally gotten round to building a new Moth Trap.

I am just waiting to order the Actinic electrics kit from Paul but still deciding on whether to go for the standard metal ballast or the electronic ballast kit?

And should I go for the standard blue actinic 368nm or the green 368/540nm?

Any thoughts on the this please?

Attachments

• mt_2014a.jpg
    mt_2014a.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 131
  • mt_2014b.jpg
    mt_2014b.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 110
Nice!

After trying with a little plastic box, I also builded a new moth trap!

Since a week I use a 365nm insect atracting bulb (before that, just another ordinary power saving lamp). The combination of new trap and bulb gave me much more moths inside the trap!

Attachments

• moth trap.jpg
    moth trap.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 104
Hi All,
I have not been on the forum for such a long time, ever since we moved to France really.

But anyway, I digress. I have finally gotten round to building a new Moth Trap.

I am just waiting to order the Actinic electrics kit from Paul but still deciding on whether to go for the standard metal ballast or the electronic ballast kit?

And should I go for the standard blue actinic 368nm or the green 368/540nm?

Any thoughts on the this please?

Have you recycled your recycling box to make that?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back