• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

March Moths - 2015 (1 Viewer)

Might have been a bit cold last night?

Finally got the trap on again last night - singles of Hebrew Character and Double-striped Pug

Only three species in the trap this morning, but one was a lifer -Twin-spotted Quaker - also notable for being the 300th garden sp since moving here in Nov 2013 (227 macro, 73 micro). Also present were 6 Hebrew Characters and 4 Common Quakers.

Small Quaker today takes me to 22 leps for the year. I need to get out into habitat but not looking likely in the immediate future.

All the best

Underneath the halogen security light last night....3 male Oak Beauty.....wish I 'd run the trap now :( Cheers

Last edited:
Another lifer last night (low-lister that I am) - March Moth at last! Supporting cast were 9 Hebrew Character, 5 C Quaker, Pine Beauty, Early Grey, Small Quaker and C Plume.

Bankesia conspurcatella yesterday morning was a lifer. This is a late winter micro which flies early in the morning and what is believed to be the only population still in Hampshire is just down the road from me.

Dave W

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back