• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

December Moths (1 Viewer)

December Moth last night plus these two - Scoparia ambigualis well out of season, plus a mystery, very small tortrix-type, any ideas? Apologies for picture quality, my pocket camera's proving tricky to focus on close-up (I need to get the hang of the focus points).

Attachments

• IMG_0105crop.jpg
    IMG_0105crop.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0108crop.jpg
    IMG_0108crop.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 43
Atropos is the website where these are reported. Makes quite depressing reading for those of us not on the south coast!

http://www.atropos.info/flightarrivals/

David

Even more depressing if you are on the south coast but still not catching anything interesting. :C Here on the Lizard I've run the trap most nights in December, sometimes two traps, but mostly all I'm catching are slugs. The only migrants so far were 1 Rush Veneer and 3 DSG, though I've long suspected the latter might be resident here. The most notable moth of the month was a common quaker on 23rd.

An odd one to end the year on last night - Bloxworth Snout! Flew into the house when I let the dogs out.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back