• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 DI IF VC USD (4 Viewers)

Still, it is sharper than Canon's 400mm!

Yes, that's what got me excited - and posting without checking first. The 400 f5.6 is a lens I was considering but I really want a zoom to help with framing on my videos. Going to be very interested in this lens once it is released

Keep in mind that the 400mm f5.6 is a 20 year old design. The Tamron @ 400mm is far enough from its long end that it could be quite sharp with updated optics.

The reality is that Canon has been quite slow replacing their cheaper long tele lenses. Now we get to see what a new cheaper lens is capable of.

what struck me the first time round, and I have just looked again, was that the exposures on the 100% crops don't seem to match the full frame images. One shot is darker than the other but this is reversed once cropped??

I like the look of the shots of the small bird at ISO 3200 - my 40D would have looked like those at 800! And to think they were shot at near 600mm is good. He does say that he had to pp to bring out colour and contrast on the spoonbills but looking good for the price

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back