• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meade Spotting Scopes (any good)? (1 Viewer)

jayuk22

Hello all, i was on a website earlier looking for a scope
and i come across a Meade ETX-90 Spotting Scope, i went to meade's website and they claim it to be a top scope, i know that they are top of their field for Astronomy Telescopes but thats totally different to birding, anyway can anyone verify this, or am i to steer well clear? im only new to birding so i dont want to jump in at the deep end
any help would be appreciated, thanks ...

I've tried the ETX-90, but it is an Astro scope with inbuilt computer for co-ordinates. No use at all for birding - for a start it weighs about 25 tonnes (slight exaggeration).

Are you actually thinking of Bresser? They are the "nature" optics side of Meade

Try

www.bresser.de

Cheers, Tom.

tom mckinney said:
I've tried the ETX-90, but it is an Astro scope with inbuilt computer for co-ordinates. No use at all for birding - for a start it weighs about 25 tonnes (slight exaggeration).

Are you actually thinking of Bresser? They are the "nature" optics side of Meade

Try

www.bresser.de

Cheers, Tom.
Hi Tom, i cant seem to see any scopes for nature in the bresser section of that site you posted, are bresser scopes any good ?

I've never tried a Bresser other than a huge 120mm observation scope. Again no use for practical every day birding.

Check out some of the threads already on BirdForum especially in the equipment review areas. The most popular names are Opticron, Leica, Kowa, Swarovski, Zeiss & Nikon. You would be very unfortunate if you bought a telescope by any of those and didn't like it.

Tom.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back