• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Using the Sony RX100 with a Swarovski 80ATS 25-50 (1 Viewer)

Bird Hard 2

Cynical Sceptic
Hi,
I own a Swarovski ATS 80HD with the 25-50 WA lens. I'm thinking of buying a Sony RX100, but want to know what adapters I'll need to use it.

Will I be able to use a Swarovski DCA adapter with the 25-50 WA lens? I'd prefer to use just a slide on/off system that isn't going to cost too much money (I'm spending all of that on the camera!).
If I can, will I also need anything else to put it all together, such as an adapter to connect the DCA to the camera?
Many thanks,
BH2

Hi,
I own a Swarovski ATS 80HD with the 25-50 WA lens. I'm thinking of buying a Sony RX100, but want to know what adapters I'll need to use it.

Will I be able to use a Swarovski DCA adapter with the 25-50 WA lens? I'd prefer to use just a slide on/off system that isn't going to cost too much money (I'm spending all of that on the camera!).
If I can, will I also need anything else to put it all together, such as an adapter to connect the DCA to the camera?
Many thanks,
BH2

Try this link for a possible choice, you can search for brand specific adapters here also.
http://www.eagleoptics.com/digital-...s-100-point-n-shoot-digital-camera-attachment

Hi,
Thanks Tmblweed1 for the suggestion. I bought a Sony RX100 II along with the Vortex PS-100 and Swarovski DCA adapter.
The RX100 doesn't have a filter thread so the Vortex PS-100 attaches to the camera and provides a thread for the DCA to screw in to.
Cheers,
BH2

Swarovski ATS 80 HD w/ old DCA and PS 100 on RX 100II

Hi, I am brand new to spotting scope and bought this scope with the 25mm-50mm eyepiece. Is this eyepiece compatible with the old Swarovski DCA adapter? I also have the RX 100 II and hoping it is a good fit. I got the Vortex universal digiscoping attachment w/ the scope but feel it is cumbersome. Hoping to exchange it for the PS adapter and get the old DCA, which also would let me use a dslr. Thanks for any assistance!

Hi Craneo,
I take it you mean the 25-50x eyepiece (not 25-50mm). That is the eyepiece that I use with the Swarovski DCA adapter and Vortext PS. They fit fine.
Cheers,
BH2

Hi I guess I have similar questions hope someone can help.
I have STX 95 and consider to use Sony RX100ii
Still not sure what I need to get to achieve this?

1. DCB II digital camera base for ATX / STX
2. and...Vortex PS-100 ?

My other choice of camera is Canon S120, not sure if still can fit?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi I guess I have similar questions hope someone can help.
I have STX 95 and consider to use Sony RX100ii
Still not sure what I need to get to achieve this?

1. DCB II digital camera base for ATX / STX
2. and...Vortex PS-100 ?

My other choice of camera is Canon S120, not sure if still can fit?

Thanks

The DCB 11 adapter is the way to go. It's work very well and it's easy to swing it out of the way for viewing through the eyepiece.
Neil.

The DCB 11 adapter is the way to go. It's work very well and it's easy to swing it out of the way for viewing through the eyepiece.
Neil.

Hi Neil,

If DCB II is the platform to hold the camera to align with the eye piece, is there any additional adapter/accessory needed to connect the camera lens with the eye piece?
Thanks for the reply.

Hi Neil,

If DCB II is the platform to hold the camera to align with the eye piece, is there any additional adapter/accessory needed to connect the camera lens with the eye piece?
Thanks for the reply.

No. The camera clips to the DCB 11 with a removable plate (included ) and the whole thing will clip onto the zoom eyepiece.
Neil.

Hi All!
Have you noticed that the RX100 has trouble hitting sharpness in point (bird)? I think this is his most serious flaw! My previous camera P6000 was much better. When I take pictures through a telescope, camera RX100 long time looking and thinking before you set focus after taking the photo and enlarge it turns out that the focus is mostly on the back of such a bird. Can anyone know what are the best settings for AF in RX100. In my previous camera P6000 best way for quick hit of focus was mode Macro..

Does anyone know if something has improved on this in new RX100 II ?
I used ATX95 Swaro and DCBII and im looking very good camera for this set - best with remote control (RX100 II - has via smartphone)
I'm sorry for language mistakes :))

the back of the bird, I mean that the bird is out of focus. When you press the shutter button (the focus square was the center of the bird and the square of focus light is green!) the bird is out of focus many times.. :(

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back