• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mono 3x12 T (1 Viewer)

Gzoladz74

Hello

Is the Mono 3x12 T compatible with the Victory sf 8x42?

The website doesn't mention it but I would be surprised if it is not.

Has anybody had any experience with it?

Thanks

Hi Jan

Thanks a lot.

Do you mind me asking what adapter you use?

None on the Zeiss website seems to work with the sfs according to the specifications.

Thanks
Gustavo

Hi Jan

Thanks a lot.

Do you mind me asking what adapter you use?

None on the Zeiss website seems to work with the sfs according to the specifications.

Thanks
Gustavo

Gustavo,

No adapter is needed. The inner side of the SF eye cup is elastic and suits the mono perfectly.

Jan

Jan,

Interesting... Last question I promise... It's it not wobbly world adapter?

Thanks
Gustavo

Ehhh..... wobbly world. It's more like the Zeiss system. With or without any adapter, it has to fit into the eyecup. The only "not wobbly" system is the Swarovski way: screw the eyecup out and screw their tripler in.
Wasn't their slogan "improve the best";)

Jan

I have got the tripler, you are right, it fits ver well without the adapter. I think it is actually better without it as I don't need to put the eyecup in and out all the time.

The performance is good (I only tested it with poor light so far as it is dark here already).

As expected, it is not too easy to keep it stable...I will try to come up with something. All in all, it is a great scope "in your pocket".

I have got the tripler, you are right, it fits ver well without the adapter. I think it is actually better without it as I don't need to put the eyecup in and out all the time.

The performance is good (I only tested it with poor light so far as it is dark here already).

As expected, it is not too easy to keep it stable...I will try to come up with something. All in all, it is a great scope "in your pocket".

Gustavo,

Glad it works out for you also.

Jan

I used the tripler in normal day light and it is very usable.

In case it helps, to achieve stabilisation without compromising mobility I considered a beanbag and a monopod but I will try the Gorillapod. I have one already for the camera so I will not be loosing anything if it does not work.

I am hoping to be able to attach it to any tree/fence/table/surface in fhe field, and it is something that you can just throw in the bag and have at your fingertips if needed.

I will report back :)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back