• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

30X DS Eyepiece (1 Viewer)

ChrisR

Anybody had any luck using the Nikon 30X DS eyepiece on the ED 82 for non digiscoping viewing. I am going to order the ED 82 in this coming week and i don't want to order 2 separate fixed eyepieces if necessary, I do wanr to try the digiscoping as soon as I am comfortable with the scope.

Thanks for any information
Chris

ChrisR said:
Anybody had any luck using the Nikon 30X DS eyepiece on the ED 82 for non digiscoping viewing. I am going to order the ED 82 in this coming week and i don't want to order 2 separate fixed eyepieces if necessary, I do wanr to try the digiscoping as soon as I am comfortable with the scope.

Chris

Chris

I have the ED82A with 30x DS eyepiece. I use it for digiscoping but also just for watching birds. Although I have no comparison I am very pleased with it. It seems to me that my eye needs to be pretty close to the e.p. in order to get the entire view but for me this is not realy a problem. I do not know if this will be a problem for people that wear glasses.

IMO The eyepiece itself is OK for birdwatching and on top of that it may be one of the best for digiscoping.

Peter

i use this scope with 25x 75x eye piece. this is an excellent scope for digi scoping with good results.75x not so good in bad light.
are you getting straight or angled scope?

ChrisR said:

Chris
Chris,

The 30X DS eyepiece is superb with or without eyeglasses.

John

The DS eyepiece are very good for bird watching, the field are very large and it's easy to spot a bird. If you think you never go to make digiscoping, the wide MC have a more comfortable twist and turn eyecup instead of the very flat piece of rubber that come with the DS (and you finish by lost anyway, if you remove it often).

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back