• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Affinity (2 Viewers)

iveljay

I have just downloaded Affinity for Windows I have yet to use it in anger, though after a brief play it seems fairly normal.

It has only been mentioned twice a couple of years ago, so it would be interesting (to me at least), how this currently affordable software compares to its competition in real life.

Anyone out there love it or hate it?

I'm surprised little mention has been made of it. I'd been using Photoshop since the 90's but when it went into the cloud I started looking elsewhere but couldn't find anything until along came Affinity Photo. At first I couldn't get away from Photoshop but eventually it clicked with Affinity and now I couldn't go back to Photoshop.

For me, Affinity is actually better. It's quicker and has some very nice features that Photoshop (CS6 at least) doesn't. Those it doesn't have I wouldn't use. Considering it's only on version 1.5 it's amazingly good and great value for money having long ago paid what a subscription with PS would have by now - and that's with having both the Mac and PC versions.

I think with many photographers, there's a certain amount of snobbery about PS and that's the only real photo editor - anything else is just amateurish. I admit I felt a bit like that myself early on.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck with Lightroom (none CC version) and will need to wean myself off that one day.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back