• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Couple of questions..... (1 Viewer)

Allen

Hi all

I am just trying to find out if there are any decent digiscoping compact cameras which have the ability to have a screw in thread shutter release and also have a thread around the lens for the attachment of a digiscoping 'sleeve' adaptor.

Thanks

I do not know of any current compact that will accept a screw-in cable shutter release but SRB Griturn can supply a universal cable release bracket to fit most suitable cameras.

The Nikon V1/V2 uses a wireless remote control and the 10-30mm kit lens has a 40.5mm filter thread. I use a V1 and 10-30mm attached to my Swarovski scope with a DCA adaptor.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I did see the SRB-Griturn shutter release adaptor but felt that it would probably get constantly knocked out of alignment to the shutter button when being put in and out of pockets, bag etc.
The wireless remote sounds perfect. Is the DCA adaptor form SRB-Griturn or is that another make?

Yes, you are right about the SRB adaptor. It works very well but is easily knocked out of alignment which can be a real pain.
The DCA is made by Swarovski designed to fit their ATS, STS, ATM and STM model scopes. It is a two-part tube/sleeve, one part fits over the scope eyepiece and the other screws onto the filter thread of the camera lens. It comes with four adaptor rings from 28mm to 52mm to suit the majority of lens threads. I use mine with a 40.5 (V1 10-30mm lens thread) to 52mm stepping ring.

The attached image shows my setup including a cable release bracket (not made by SRB).

Mike

Attachments

• Pic 5.jpg
    Pic 5.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 107
Yes, you are right about the SRB adaptor. It works very well but is easily knocked out of alignment which can be a real pain.
The DCA is made by Swarovski designed to fit their ATS, STS, ATM and STM model scopes. It is a two-part tube/sleeve, one part fits over the scope eyepiece and the other screws onto the filter thread of the camera lens. It comes with four adaptor rings from 28mm to 52mm to suit the majority of lens threads. I use mine with a 40.5 (V1 10-30mm lens thread) to 52mm stepping ring.

The attached image shows my setup including a cable release bracket (not made by SRB).

Mike

Thanks Mike....so the Nikon thread is 40.5mm? (slightly confused by the V1 10-30mm lens thread comment above - I presume the thread can only be one diameter). I think SRB do similar adaptors to step camera to eyepiece so can check.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back