• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Photo Contest (1 Viewer)

Hi Chosun. I just got an 820ED a couple of weeks ago. Still messing around with it, but yeah, there's a few mechanical things they could have done better.

This is not a draw entry.

First light on a cold, wet and windy December morning.... no problem for the Prime!

David

Attachments

• DN-53.jpg
    DN-53.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 27
Sunday, December 14th photo entry.

Zen-Ray ED3 8X43 and thru the lens is a Zen-Ray Prime HD 82mm spotting scope ......

Attachments

• IMG_1730_1 Dec14.jpg
    IMG_1730_1 Dec14.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 36
CJ ... What's a little cactus to a desert rat. It is better than dealing with a mad kangaroo. I seem to recall you posting about a bad run-in that you had with one a couple of years ago. Now that is ** r - e - a - l ** bad out your way!!

Hey Bruce,

Yeah, those couple of run-ins with the big cranky Roo's could've turned into a real bad day for me ! :eek!:
Thankfully we didn't come to blows -- just took a few years of my life that's all ..... |8(|

"Cactus" is one of those wonderful Ozzie expressions that means .... 'had it', 'stuffed', 'beyond repair' ---- had the big Roo's 'gone me' I'd have well and truly been "Cactus" ! :-O :gn:

Hi Chosun. I just got an 820ED a couple of weeks ago. Still messing around with it, but yeah, there's a few mechanical things they could have done better.

Peato,

The view's very very nice when glarey light sources don't enter the Fov from the front -- in fact, recent Alpha class (the HT and SV seem to have left it slightly behind for color saturation lately ...)

Very Nice optics are let down though by the cheap and shoddy internal construction and nasty eye cups. A real missed opportunity ..... check out my report and photos in the Swift Audubon 8.5x44 ED820 thread.

I think it's a real candidate for custom 'hot-rodding' :t:

Alternatively, Charles may well just pick up the rights to it, update, and do the job properly !! It would be a nice compliment to the Zen-Ray range :king:

Chosun :gh:

Peato,

Alternatively, Charles may well just pick up the rights to it, update, and do the job properly !! It would be a nice compliment to the Zen-Ray range :king:

Not too hard to imagine.... eh Charles?
Note: This is not a draw entry... for obvious reasons!

Attachments

• Dec 15 ZR Porro Prototype.jpg
    Dec 15 ZR Porro Prototype.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 30
Monday, December 15th photo entry.

Zen-Ray Prime HD 82mm scope catching the last rays of the day ......

Attachments

• IMG_1756_1 Dec15.jpg
    IMG_1756_1 Dec15.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 62
Zen-Ray .... keeping an eye on the 'Alphas' !!

Screenshot_2014-12-16-14-25-23.jpgScreenshot_2014-12-16-14-25-12.jpgScreenshot_2014-12-16-14-24-53.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God perused her work over the first 7 days and thought hmmmmm ----- if that's the best 'Alfa' I can come up with, then my work here is not yet done ........ So on the 8th day God o:D created Zen-Ray >>>>> and they were good ! :t:

Screenshot_2014-12-16-14-25-53.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks ZEN-RAY ! Thanks Charles !!

Congratulations Peat moss :t:

Thanks for a very generous and fun competition Charles !
Perhaps all the other Zen-Ray owners were busy - out actually using their bins !! ..... :cat:

I hope you got some usable photos - the Zen's certainly get to see some varied and wonderful countryside :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back