• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Zeiss Victory SF !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Hi Ron,

I've never seen the compass equipped Zeiss 7x50, but apparently it did exist, at least for a little while. The US price list below is dated January 1, 1993. Maybe Gary or Jan can tell us more about it.

Seems odd that the list pice of the 6x42 Dialyt was about the same as the 8x56 and substantially higher than the 7x42.

Henry

Henry, Jan and Ron

Take a look at the pics below.

Lee

Attachments

• 7x50Compass.jpg
    7x50Compass.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 7x50Compass2.jpg
    7x50Compass2.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 194
The 7x50 Nautical and 7x50 with compass was discontinued in the UK in 1996.

The list price for the 7x50 was £1,099 (inc tax @ 17.5%) and the compass version had a list price inc tax of £1,239

Exceptional binoculars

Got mine a few days ago. Cannot compare it to all the models on the market but I can say that the Victory SF 10x42 binoculars are exceptional.

- Perfect for wearing glasses. Same field of view as without them
- Optics are stunning
- The usability and focusing are fantastic
- very light

Not sure how they compare to all the other models but these binoculars are fantastic and I will be very happy with them for many, many years to come.
Don't know how to make them much better. Next step would be binoculars that automatically beep when an eagle or a leopard is close :)

Markus

Latest news from Norway:

The first 10x42 SF should be in the country in "a few days time", while the first 8x42 SF should arrive "in the beginning of January". Guess who has dibs on the 8x42! ;)

Latest news from Norway:

The first 10x42 SF should be in the country in "a few days time", while the first 8x42 SF should arrive "in the beginning of January". Guess who has dibs on the 8x42! ;)

HN

Soon you will be gazing at your SF and whispering 'jeg elsker deg'. :king:

Lee

Is 'jeg elsker deg' Norwegian for, damn, I should have bought an SV ? Just pulling your leg Lee.:-O

Well, bh, if you look into the eyes of a beautiful woman and say 'damn, I should have bought an SV' then, yes go ahead and try it. Let us know how you get on.

Do you have comprehensive health insurance? :-O

Lee

Let's see...
Build a look-alike SV
Color it gray
Widen the view via soft edges
Move the hinge towards the rear
Announce a 13% USD price increase before it's widely available
Generate nearly 1700 posts on a birding forum, mostly by folks who've never seen one.

Interesting, to say the least. I do hope it beats my SV so I can get out there and stimulate our economy. Well, at least UPS.

Let's see...
Build a look-alike SV
Color it gray
Widen the view via soft edges
Move the hinge towards the rear
Announce a 13% USD price increase before it's widely available
Generate nearly 1700 posts on a birding forum, mostly by folks who've never seen one.

Interesting, to say the least. I do hope it beats my SV so I can get out there and stimulate our economy. Well, at least UPS.

Pileatus

UPS! UPS?

They are so last year.

Fed-Ex is where it's at dude: well balanced and soft around the edges. What more could you ask for? :-O

Lee

I'm still looking forward to a concise, thorough comparison between the SF and SV.

bh, you will get one from me as soon as I can get my paws on both SF and SV:king: Looks like this will be in January now.

Not sure about the concise bit though. Which do you want? Thorough or concise?

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back