• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

favorite common yard bird? (1 Viewer)

lvn600

Over the last year or so I would say that out of the common birds which are usually in my yard that the song sparrow has been my favorite. They're always poking around dark corners of the yard and sometimes like to perch on top of my tomato stakes. I like their markings and their song. What is you favorite common yard bird? :hippy:

Last edited:
That's a toughy, as I feel guilty saying one is a favorite out of many that I love, but I just adore the effervescence and clowning curiosity of the black-capped chickadee.
shelley

favorite bird

I agree with you Shelley. I adore watching the black caps, and I love to hear their calling. Reminds me of being a very small child, when my mother used to put out treats for them. We would sit and watch and laugh at them doing their stunts together.

Its very exciting to see new birds to add to your list, but sometimes a warm memory with an old friend tops them all.

Kay

Northern Mockingbird or a Cardnal for me. I love to listen to their songs. The mockingbird sings me to sleep and greets me in the morning but the cardinal has that liquid whistle and is so brillant. Mockingbird in the summer and in the winter snow a Cardnial--that is my vote.

I'd have to say the Tufted Titmouse is one of my favorites. Always flying about and not too picky about what they eat... seed from the tube feeder, seed from the table feeder, suet from the cages... whatever happens to be handy. Plus they are my sons favorite because of their aggresiveness against the other little feeder birds such as the carolina chickadees and chipping sparrows.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back