• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Majorca July 2015 (1 Viewer)

Ian Bell

Supporter
Scotland
Being the only birder In a party of 4 adults,led to my birding being quite limited and add to that,the heat of between 36 and 39 degrees,was just little bit overbearing for someone from the north of Scotland,made the going difficult at times but here are some of the birds seen on my holiday to Puerto Pollenca.

14th of July; 7 Eleonora's Falcons flying off the cliffs below the Lighthouse at Formentor.

16th of July; 2 Purple Herons,Green Sandpiper,2 pair of breeding Great crested Grebes and various Egrets at Tucan Marsh.
3 Bee-eaters,a family of Kestrels,Red-rumped Swallow,Black winged Stilts,Common Terns,Black headed Gull and a scruffy looking Booted Eagle at the Depuradora.
A Woodchat Shrike family but no Spotless Starlings at Can Curassa. This day was spent In the fantastic company of well known resident birder Mike Montier.

17th of July; Cattle,Little,Great white Egrets and Night Heron on the trees by the Canal.Red knobbed Coots,Red crested Pochard,Purple Gallinules at the Bridge.Black winged Stilts,Kentish,Little Ringed,Ringed Plovers,Greenshank,Common Terns,Little Grebe and Great crested Grebe with youngster from Es Colombars Hide and Hoopoe at the Visitor Centre.All at S'Albufera Reserve.

22d of July; Blue Rock Thrush,Sardinian Warbler,Crag Martin,Stonechat family,Booted Eagle and a couple of Warblers,that were too fast for my eyes and disappeared Into the low bushes at Boquer Valley.

Everyday..! Audouins Gulls at Puerto Pollenca Beach,especially late afternoon/early evening after the sun worshippers had left.Also Spotted Flycatchers everywhere I went.

Last edited:
I have earmarked Puerto Pollenca as somewhere for a last minute grab holiday if and when needed. Something for a non birder as well as me! Migration periods would suit best but the weather in Majorca can be excellent in to November and in October I'm sure there must be some good deals!

I have earmarked Puerto Pollenca as somewhere for a last minute grab holiday if and when needed. Something for a non birder as well as me! Migration periods would suit best but the weather in Majorca can be excellent in to November and in October I'm sure there must be some good deals!

I'm sure there would be Dave.It's a fantastic location for the birder and non birder.The area also seems to be covered well In migration periods and there Is always something going around.Sadly,migration period holidays for me,are a bit of a struggle but If the chance came up,I would be over there In a shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back