• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Points Game Version 3.0-British Garden Birds!!! (1 Viewer)

Bit late with this one 'D',

I'm going to be miles behind Jane, and what's galling, way behind Teamsaint.

Section 1 = 19
Section 2 = 5
Section 3 = 16

regards

P

Well just taking the Gulls, I could add GBBG, LBBG, Herring, Yellow-legged, Ring-billed, Sabine's, Kittiwake, Little, and Mediterranean.

Of those Sabines and Little were from the garden as opposed to flying over. I think its more fun to only use the species that you list. I have an unusual garden, for example I've had Grey Plover, Hoopoe, Yellow-browed warbler, and Wryneck IN it

GOLD Jane Turner 157
Silver Teamsaint 68
Bronze The Devil Bird 65
4th Mabel 58
5th On-firecrest 41
6th Pe'rigrin 40
7th Claire78 29

Hi tyrannulet I would love it if you could play but obviously you don't get any of our garden birds over there... have you tried birderbf's ABA life list edition bird points game?
Jane, I wish I had your garden I can't believe you have seen all that from it! Especially Sabines Gull and Grey Plover and everything. Obviously you being 130 points ahead would be unfair for everyone else but I will add it if you want to?

i just found it, didn't see it with all of the quiz's... i could try and play this one, been to italy several times but sadly i dont always remember what i saw and most of it was not in a garden... :p

Thank you everyone, the next round is up in a minute... Welcome Mark!
GOLD Jane Turner 157
Silver Mark Howes 127
Bronze Teamsaint 100
4th On-firecrest 67
5th The Devil Bird 65
6th Mabel 58
7th Pe'rigrin 40
8th Claire78 29

Last edited:
Round 4...

Dunnock 1
Robin 1
Fieldfare 9
Blackbird 2
Song Thrush 4
Redwing 4
Mistle Thrush 4
Garden Warbler 9
Blackcap 6
Chiffchaff 6
I have almost got full points out of this round 40/46. Just Chiffchaff.

Full house of 46

Could have added Grasshopper, Reed, Sedge, Lesser Whitethroat, Whitethroat, Willow, Wood and Yellow-browed to the warblers...

and some more 10 pointers:

hobby
golden plover
lesser black-backed gull
great black-backed gull
herring gull
willow warbler (but you might include this in the next round)

makes 174 excluding willow warbler

Thanks, here are the scores (yes Tom willow warb is in the next round) We have a tie!
GOLD Jane Turner 203.
Silver Mark Howes 164 .
Silver Teamsaint 164 .
4th On-firecrest 67
5th The Devil Bird 65.
6th Mabel 86.
7th Pe'rigrin 56.
8th Claire78 29

Last edited:
Part 5
Willow Warbler 7
Goldcrest 8
Spotted Flycatcher 8
Long-tailed Tit 3
Marsh Tit 8
Willow Tit 8
Coal Tit 3
Blue Tit 1
Great Tit 1
Nuthatch 5
16 for me

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back