• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (1 Viewer)

the whole of the civilization of humankind is based on cows and planting, without them we wouldn't be here in the world as it is today.

great pics!

Quite..!

And of course...the number of bovines roaming the planet today is having a huge and negative impact on the planet...[the planet earth that is]...;)

I 'see' cows in a different light these days:cat:....[the 'far side' Gary Larson was initially responsible for this]....chuckle...!

Days of long shadows.....n all that....

Yesterday i ventured out in the late afternoon in hope, perhaps, of seeing or hearing a flyover Lapland Bunting...[i didn't]....:smoke:

However, the light was fantastic and flocks of Fieldfare chuckled overhead as i took pix. These thrushes always appear to me to be quite bemused when they first arrive perching as they often do high in tree tops in puzzled fashion....[and to be anthropomorphic for a second, they almost seem to be saying.."how the heck did we get here then"?...]:smoke:

Of the many images i took...here are just a few...

ps...will probably post some color stuff too once i get images into some sort of order....

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 052 - Copy.jpg
    052 - Copy.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 45
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 46
Fascinating stuff User - the berries and of course the bovines are brilliantly seen and interpreted. Takes a special eye, this . . .

Ta Tim....!

Have decided that i've got toooo much 'stuff' to put on here having sifted thru images...[lot's of shadowplay etc]....so i'll probably bung them on my blog at some point...

So here's just a few color renderings from yesterday....

Fieldfares....beautiful evocative creatures....[and they almost 'chuckle' as much as i do]....;)

Attachments

• 039 - Copy.jpg
    039 - Copy.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 039 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    039 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 039 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    039 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 039 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    039 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 039 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg
    039 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 41
As a bit of a follow-up to the previous bovine images taken at Eye Brook reservoir recently....here's just a few more in similar vein....

Late afternoon light at Rutland Water....and sheep...and little owl...!

ps....other pix taken at this period on here...http://username-beast.blogspot.com/

pps...friendly greetings to you too Gaby...:t:

Attachments

• 031 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    031 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 003 - Copy.jpg
    003 - Copy.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 37
  • 014 - Copy.jpg
    014 - Copy.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 39
Nice compositions.

Even in an arty treatment the Little Owl still looks like you insulted its Mother!
I wish they'd just cheer up!

Chuckle...!

ps...never forget tho that appearances are often deceptive....;) For all we know the little owl could be one of the happiest owl species on the planet...:cat:

If i may...just a few normal pix of natures 'art'....one of my favorite subjects...the living fossil that is Equisetum.....'Horsetail'.....[or snake or puzzlegrass]....

Such marvelous plants....:cat:

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 36
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 40
Mme U says they are dreadful if you have them in the garden.

But the Dinosaurs liked them, and so do I.

Your pics really do them justice. You find beauty in your art, and I always celebrate that!

It is "The Details" that you see. And that is an amazing gift, in a Human World where we seem to be taught only to recognise Blurs....

I really believe your "Images" to be a constant reassurance against the "white noise" of inanity. B :)

Thanks for cheering us all up in a bird/wildlife/botanical/nature weather system way by employing "beauty in the details..."

Super fantastic
as always! :cat:

This is where photography beats painting hands down - I love these sort of plants, but they're soooooo hard to put into paintings. Beautiful pieces of instant art.

Who would have thought that there were so many puzzlegrass fans about..? [apart from madam U of course];)

Horsetail is regarded as a pest...but what a beautiful and fascinating pest it is...[i was absolutely absorbed in the intricate patterns and colors of this plant yesterday..obviously]!
It looked fabulous earlier in the season...and it still looks amazing now...!

I thank you all for your very kind comments...[i appreciate that it is difficult to comment sometimes on the images i produce on natures behalf]...:smoke:

ps..[Phil]...i liked your comment about the 'white noise of inanity'...! I reckon i'm often considered to be inane myself....[or maybe the letter 's' is missing in the word 'inane'?....chuckle]...!

People see what they want to see tho....:cat:

Always a revelation User.

That sheep staring out at me has me slightly uneasy for some reason...

Mike

I think some of my bovine images have the same 'uneasy' effect on some folk...which is all very interesting...! It's important to me to try and convey a 'different side' to nature...and reflect something more than meets the eye...so to speak...!

Hopefully these few images won't be so uneasy;)...a very fine and gorgeous red throated diver that we saw yesterday at Rutland Water. I think this species, when viewed closely, is perhaps the best looking diver in winter plumage...and they never fail to remind me of great white sharks....

Attachments

• 003 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg
    003 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 003 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
    003 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 003 - Copy - Copy (3) - Copy.jpg
    003 - Copy - Copy (3) - Copy.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 61
The 'quality' of that diver was beautifully reflected in the stillness of the water...a bird so wonderfully evolved...and in its element...! I could only imagine its grace below the waters....:cat:

ps....i haven't checked my camera today so i don't know if i have anything to show from the field...

When i first raised my binoculars this afternoon a peregrine cut across a grey landscape like a switch-blade...filling the skies with woodpigeon and thrushes. I watched him relentlessly attacking his way over hedge and tree before finally disappearing over the horizon.

A couple of hours later i was in deepish thought about the peregrine, reflecting on J A baker as i often do, and as i looked overhead into the darkening skies...there above me was the peregrine...still hunting...single minded...powerful and quite awesome...! I didn't get any images tho...far too busy enjoying 'the moment'....[but here's some reflection images from yesterdays diver encounter]...

Thank you for kind comments....!

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 009 - Copy (2).jpg
    009 - Copy (2).jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 009 - Copy.jpg
    009 - Copy.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 37
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back