• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (1 Viewer)

Hey Phil...my 'trip report' is coming out a day at a time on me blog...[such as it is]...

I am sure your Menorca report will be great...[along with sketches]...?

ps...i am not the 'competitive' type;)....[we all do what we do to the best of our individual abilities]....and that is fine...

Thanks for dropping by....[its good to see you posting stuff again]...:cat:

http://username-beast.blogspot.com/

All "tongue in cheek" dear boy! ;):smoke:

Now to your blog to read up! B :)

Last edited:
Since getting back to blighty from Scandinavia i haven't been posting much...[mainly due to life's little distractions]...

Returning to my familiar haunts i was surprised at the amounts of lush grass species...[considering the lack of rains]...

Fields of wheat seemed undersized but i thought their patterns...like the grasses were most appealing....

ps...the sounds emitting from the new growth with winds passing through also appealed greatly...[tho i can't capture them by images]....:smoke:

Attachments

• 032 - Copy.jpg
    032 - Copy.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 031 - Copy.jpg
    031 - Copy.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 012 - Copy.jpg
    012 - Copy.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 37
  • 007 - Copy.jpg
    007 - Copy.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 22
Just catching up - - - wonderful. All of it; the blog, the pics the lot. But, that hawk owl . . . mmmmmm.

quite! Something that is lacking from the cold coniferous forests of my region. I really like the barbed wite shadows too - which reminds me, I should perhaps get on with some painting of a barbed wire fence with a shrike sat on it.

quite! Something that is lacking from the cold coniferous forests of my region. I really like the barbed wite shadows too - which reminds me, I should perhaps get on with some painting of a barbed wire fence with a shrike sat on it.

Thank you Tim n Nick...!

There's something about barbed wire that often appeals to me..sometimes i look at it and imagine it to be a form of bramble....:smoke: [Mainly tho, the appeal lies in the contrast between form and textures in the environment]...etc

Here's just a few of my recent 'things'...images...stuff...call it what you may...[even rubbish if you like]....;)

The last photo is of my local pond and i could not help but view this as the planet earth...tis just my way...:smoke:

ps....Scandinavian photos of day three and my trip report...[if you can call it that]...now on my bonkers blog...

Attachments

• 009 (2).jpg
    009 (2).jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 009 (3).jpg
    009 (3).jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 31
And just a few more images before i log off and have my Saturday morning toast n marmalade whilst i have a look at the latest Scientific American magazine. Here's a quote from an article that interest me..."Quantum mechanics is not just about teeny particles...it applies to things of all sizes: birds, plants...maybe even humans"....

ps....forgot to say...[Christian]...like the 'fly'....some species are incredibly attractive...:t:

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 33
  • 013 - Copy.jpg
    013 - Copy.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 33
Here is a (Common?) Blue with a small fly/mosquito on it.

Attachments

• P6151566m.jpg
    P6151566m.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 39
  • P6151566mod.jpg
    P6151566mod.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
the earth on earth is a superb capture that would be brilliant as any piece of artwork illustrating our relationship with our environment - the old RSPB slogan 'act locally, think globally' springs to mind - what makes it even better is that it is a photo - not created by human thought, but noticed by a very talented eye.

the earth on earth is a superb capture that would be brilliant as any piece of artwork illustrating our relationship with our environment - the old RSPB slogan 'act locally, think globally' springs to mind - what makes it even better is that it is a photo - not created by human thought, but noticed by a very talented eye.

You are very kind Nick...

It often surprises me...[tho it probably shouldn't]...that many people do not notice certain 'things'...ie..connections/relationships....etc.
I am very aware that some might think that many of my images may just be cliche and obviously symbolic...[guilty as charged i guess];)...but my brain seems to be programmed to hone in on particular visual combinations...[as all our brains are programmed in some way]....:cat:

I don't know about you but often when i am out in the field i will pass 'something'...[and perhaps at the time i am thinking about the usual day to day rubbish]...then suddenly i will stop and i am drawn back to the 'something'...ie. a visual attraction of some sort...[does that make any sense]?...probably not!....[i knew i shouldn't have started to try and explain 'stuff']...;) I do not possess the eloquence of a Tim Wootton...:smoke:

What i should have just said, instead of woffling, was..."glad you like the earth on earth"...

ps...[half2]....'the chain'...another example of my highly symbolic stuff...mans attempts to control nature....etc..."glad you like"...!;)

I'm thinking about getting another camera Christian...as sometimes i feel as tho i just don't do enough justice to my subjects....:smoke:

I call these following images 'moments in time'....[don't know why...just felt right]...

Attachments

• 020 - Copy.jpg
    020 - Copy.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 020 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    020 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 020 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg
    020 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 020 - Copy - Copy (3) - Copy.jpg
    020 - Copy - Copy (3) - Copy.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 020 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
    020 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 24
and more moments...[the final image turns midges over a pool into stars]....

Attachments

• 022 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
    022 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 022 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    022 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 022 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy.jpg
    022 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 022 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    022 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 022 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    022 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 29
Down by the river...'birds of a feather'...

Attachments

• 003 - Copy.jpg
    003 - Copy.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 001 - Copy.jpg
    001 - Copy.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 001 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg
    001 - Copy - Copy (3).jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 001 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    001 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 001 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    001 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 30
A few images today of a Downy Emerald. The sum moved around and these overexposed, almost deleted them, but they have a nice quality about them. Wonderful little odonates....

Attachments

• Dragonfly.jpg
    Dragonfly.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Dragon 2.jpg
    Dragon 2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 31
A few images today of a Downy Emerald. The sum moved around and these overexposed, almost deleted them, but they have a nice quality about them. Wonderful little odonates....

That first shot looks great and definitely has more 'potential'...glad you didn't delete it...!

Thank you very much for showing....:t:

Saw some fantastic visual treats over the weekend...[and no...not the white winged scoter....that bird could hardly be described as a 'visual treat']...;)

Attachments

• 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 058 - Copy.jpg
    058 - Copy.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 33
That fisrt one could make a person feel lonely and a bit melancholy until they notice the prints in the sand 'Man Friday' style!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back