• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Major UK org needs pictures (1 Viewer)

KnockerNorton

Hi all,

This may be a bit cheeky, as I want something for nothing, but please read on:

We are shortly about to launch a new website for the UK's centre of excellence for environmental research. The organisation, which is large and high profile, is at the forefront of environmental research and has been involved in some of the UK's biggest conservation/environmental stories.

I'm a sub-editor for one section, and I need good quality royalty-free pictures to illustrate it as our photo libraries are rather bare and my section doesn't know one end of a camera from another. Partly because we're public sector, I'm not in a position to pay fees, but what I can offer is showing credited images on a high-profile, high quality website that will be seen by most conservationists, environmental scientists and naturalists in the UK and much of Europe.

If you think you can help, this is what I need:

UK mammals - polecat, otter, voles
UK raptors - especially sparrowhawk, red kite, peregrine, merlin, kestrel.
UK owls - especially barn owl
Uk waterbirds - grey heron, goosander, kingfisher.

dramatic or arty shots would be particularly good.

If you would like to contribute, please get in touch.

Thanks.

"This may be a bit cheeky, as I want something for nothing...."

You are probably right! If your organisation is as major as you suggest why not name it and yourself? I assume you are not precluded from doing so by the Official Secrets Act!!

Best wishes.

Well if you'd mailed me out of interest instead of flaming me on the thread then I'd have told you! We're public sector, so we can't justify buying too many images, as it's your money.

It's just an opportunity for people with good images to see them put to use, *if they wish*, on what will be a leading website in the environmental sector. All images will be credited, so there's nothing ulterior about it. The website is being built in-house, so it's costing staff time, not developer's/consultancy fees.

It's not very clever to name names on open forums. There are various issues involved.

If anyone thinks they can help and would like any more info/reassurances, please get in touch.

Cheers.

Last edited:
So, did this website get up and running and if so it is now ok to name it and dare I say, put a link....

Matthew

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back