• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greedy hedgehog! (1 Viewer)

songbird6666

My hedgehog has made it safely through the winter's hibernation, and I found out quite by chance. I forgot to bring in a dish of sunflower hearts and bird seed that I had put out near my kitchen window one day last week because it had been raining, and it was by the little shelter that my two chickens go under. I looked out about midnight thinking damn, and by the light of the kitchen window I could see my little herbie munching away merrily. So they like sunflower hearts. Anyhow since then, I have been putting his customary dish of dog food, sultanas, and the odd peanut, and some guinea pig food out in the front porch under a little brick enclosure, covered with a big plant saucer (I contacted St Tiggywinkles to find out how to feed without a cat getting it) Anyhow, young herbie clears the lot before I go to bed, so I put some more out, and that is always gone in the morning too! Greedy little devil. I suppose there is a possibility that I have TWO hedgehogs? ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back