• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Color Balance (1 Viewer)

Ben88

Do my latest set of images on my website appear too warm: http://www.tremarctos.com/category/india/sela-and-mandala/? They do on my laptop screen, but not on my external monitor.

In general, I have been making my photos warmer recently, and while I think my external monitor is closer to representing the "true" colors, I am worried that my monitor is too "cold." For example, is this older version of this photo of Blue Whistling-Thrush too cold/blue, or is this newer version too warm/orange?

Another comparison: old version, new version (though more than just the color balance has been changed)

The warmer colour balance is certainly warmer than real life in the cool light of day, but hey, that's personal preference.
Personally I would dial it back as the old version looks just like my pics of the same bird. I'm viewing on a Macbook Pro, if that helps.

2052D83E-7A67-4690-9DC9-99EC868E73EB.jpg

I agree - I prefer the old version. The colours are more vibrant - the second looks muted. I am viewing on a desktop monitor colour calibrated. However it is all down to personal preference - which do you think is closer to the actual bird?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back