• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good stuff (1 Viewer)

erizzo

This morning I went out birding and saw:

Austral Thrush
Tufted Tit Tyrant
Rofous Collared Sparrow
Austral Blackbird
Diuca Finch
Grassland Yellowfinch
Great Shrike Tyrant ( lifer)
Southern Lapwing
Long tailed Meddowlark
Chilean Mockingbird
Chilean Flicker
Chimango Caracara
Eared Dove
Green backed Firecrown
Chilean Tinamou
South American Snipe
Black Faced Ibis
Fire Eyed Diucón
Dark bellied Cinclodes
Plain Mantled Tit Spinetail
Black chinned Siskin

It wasn't the best day but good inuf.
So I think I did pretty good. And the Great Shrike Tyrant is a new lifer as well as new bird seen in the property.

Erik

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just noticing today how similar the Northern Flicker's call is to that of the Chilean's, the same "pitio" call, still not as distinct. Are there quite a few Becacinas? I don't remember there being any when I was down there. You go birding in the pitrantu at all?
Nice going with the Mero!
Now is that not the most random grouping of thoughts you've ever seen, hehe.

Sorry but I don't know how the American Flicker call is like so I guess you will have to tell me.
No, I had never seen a Becacina out here before, but I saw some last summer up at Conguillio.
Sorry again but I haven't been to the pitrantu but I'll go soon (as soon as the water goes down) and see what wierd birds I can find in there.
I was realy happy to see 2 lifers in 1 week.

Erik

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back