• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nairobi National Park (1 Viewer)

mike davidson

I have not posted a report for some 3 months or more . But it does not mean we have not been to our great National Park. We do every week on a monday morning , we being Brian Finch , Fleur Ngweno , Karen Plumbe , Jennifer Awori and myself. When Brian is on safari as he is now , we get substitutes.
Just to say again what a wonderful place it is for birding , with changes every week .
Our Euro migrants left us in March /April , but were replaced by Inter african cuckoos , Jacobin , Levaillants and Great Spotted .
We have had excellent rains and the Widowbirds have been in fantastic displays . Our 3 are Red-collared, White -Winged and Jackson's who perform a ''masai'' type jumping ritual . Jumping Jack Flash comes to mind !!
We are expecting the Sandpipers back in the next week or so . They only leave us for around 3/4 months
We vary how long we stay due to other committments but always start at 6.30 .
If we dont reach 100 species by lunchtime we are disapppointed , and a full day will get us near to 200 !
If you are coming to Nairobi , a one day trip is essential .
By the way you might also see Lions , Rhinos, Hippos , Giraffes and lots of plains game .

Mike D in Nairobi

I have not posted a report for some 3 months or more . But it does not mean we have not been to our great National Park. We do every week on a monday morning , we being Brian Finch , Fleur Ngweno , Karen Plumbe , Jennifer Awori and myself. When Brian is on safari as he is now , we get substitutes.
Just to say again what a wonderful place it is for birding , with changes every week .
Our Euro migrants left us in March /April , but were replaced by Inter african cuckoos , Jacobin , Levaillants and Great Spotted .
We have had excellent rains and the Widowbirds have been in fantastic displays . Our 3 are Red-collared, White -Winged and Jackson's who perform a ''masai'' type jumping ritual . Jumping Jack Flash comes to mind !!
We are expecting the Sandpipers back in the next week or so . They only leave us for around 3/4 months
We vary how long we stay due to other committments but always start at 6.30 .
If we dont reach 100 species by lunchtime we are disapppointed , and a full day will get us near to 200 !
If you are coming to Nairobi , a one day trip is essential .
By the way you might also see Lions , Rhinos, Hippos , Giraffes and lots of plains game .

Mike D in Nairobi

Mike, please stop rubbing in how much I missed in the many visits I made to the park back in the early 60's. But as I was only 8 or 9 I spose it's to be expected! I'll say again, one of these days, and I'll remember Monday Morning!!!!;)

Yes, Mike, this month. Next Monday :) Will miss your Monday morning walk unfortunately :( as we will be travelling.

Ann

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back