• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

45 degree angle view finder for slr - is there one (1 Viewer)

leybold12

Does anyone know if there is a 45 degree angle view finder out there for slr cameras? I have a Sony Alpha A77 and the Minolta 90 degree angle view finder makes my long telephoto more like an angled spotting scope but not quite. Too much neck craning. The 90 is better than trying to raise the camera up to eye level (too big of tripod and too unstable). The 90 does work great with the 2.1 Megapixel digital viewfinder but a 45 degree one would seem to be better.

All I have found is underwater 45 degree view finders that run about $900.

They seem to have died out, they were very popular when the Rollei tlr was one of the top press cameras and similar models were made for other film slrs and tlrs such as Hassleblad and Mamiya, they crop up in various places, but were designed to fit directly over the 6x6 screen, so not a lot of use to you.

There were rumours of someone doing a short run for the Olympus E-1 when it first came out, but since then nothing has crossed my horizon, just lots of right angle finders, pity as I could have used one when I did a lot of copy work with a stand mounted camera and it would have saved neck ache with that.

J

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back