• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

C740/C750 owners - Do you use filters? (1 Viewer)

mipettin

-
Hi

Now I have my CLA-4 adaptor for my TCON-17 I am thinking is it possible to use the CLA-4 which is a 45.6mm > 55.0mm thread adaptor to screw in filters such as a polariser. Other thing is if I do this is there any vignetting on the wide angle - i.e. 38mm end - in case I want to take landscapes as well as birds.
In general what filters does anyone recommend?

Martin
-

Martin,
Yes, you can use the CLA-4 adapter to hold filters. In fact, I believe that this is its primary purpose. You will not get vignetting at any zoom setting. Other postings on this forum talk about leaving the CLA-4 on the camera permanently, with a UV filter attached to it, as a permanent lens protector (similar to what many SLR users do). You can buy a 55mm lens cap and use it over the filter, to finish off the setup. The only downside is that the camera is bulkier when it is turned off, since the CLA-4 always sticks out like the lens does when the camera is turned on.

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back