• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tampere landfill (1 Viewer)

Sean Nixon

Does anyone know how to find the famous landfill site in Tampere? I am going to be there next week and thought it might be worth a look.
Sean

Hi Sean

Tarastenjärvi is the place I think you mean...

Attached snapshot shows the location...had Rosy Starling there in 2007 and went by bus but probably a taxi is best option for you. Bus numbers 28 or 90 go to that area per Google maps but beware that some bus routes change tomorrow apparently!

cheers
McM

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-06-29 15.06.11.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-06-29 15.06.11.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
and...if it was "Baltic Gull" you were after you'll not wan't to hear I've been watching a pair outside my flat in the Tammela area of the city this arvo ;0)

Very nice! I' did manage to find the tip and a group of fuscus loafing about! Thanks again for the help. A shot of one of the birds on my twitter account.
Sean

Afraid I leave the tweeting (well "chakking") to the Fieldfare nesting across the road but glad you connected with the best looking gull around these parts!

cheers
Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back