• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Resizing photos for a projector (1 Viewer)

MSA

I may be relaxed but I'm not drunk....
I've been told that resizing images to 1024 x 768 is recommended. I've got to give a "slideshow" on Fri and don't want to resize 200-odd images if it's not strictly necessary! Can anyone tell me if resizing is worth the effort? B :)

I've been told that resizing images to 1024 x 768 is recommended. I've got to give a "slideshow" on Fri and don't want to resize 200-odd images if it's not strictly necessary! Can anyone tell me if resizing is worth the effort? B :)
If you have to, put all the images in one folder and use an application such as "Easy Thumbnails http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/ " to resize all.

Just a quick "thank you" Alan! No idea if it was necessary (didn't have opportunity to try with and without resizing to compare) but this helped save me time.

Hi,

Just my 2cents (perhaps useful for the future):
When I process my images (as soon as possible after I take them) I usually save two re-sized copies of each (each good one that is), one 900*600px for web, and one 1200*800px as a "digital slide". That size works fine for both for a projector and for a TV set if you wish to run a slide show off your telly (just plug you computer into the TV with a video-S cable).

Thomas

If you want to make it smaller, I am cheap and use PowerPoint and save it as a JPEG. But it comes out really small. If you have a Mac, use Preview or iPhoto. It will allow you to crop pictures.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back