• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Conquest Spotting Scope (1 Viewer)

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
A few days ago I was on B & H website and saw they had a new Zeiss Conquest Spotting scope due out in Sept of 2014. List price was $1500 or a bit over.

It was an inactive link so no description etc...but, interesting.

Anyone heard anything about this? Since it isn't showing now, I wonder if B & H jumped the gun a bit?

jim

Interesting. I heard a rumour about a Conquest scope a while back, but didn't get any details.

Actually, I think a Conquest scope would make a lot of sense - as long as it's *really* good. And Zeiss would need to make sure there aren't too many lemons about.

Hermann

A few days ago I was on B & H website and saw they had a new Zeiss Conquest Spotting scope due out in Sept of 2014. List price was $1500 or a bit over.

It was an inactive link so no description etc...but, interesting.

Anyone heard anything about this? Since it isn't showing now, I wonder if B & H jumped the gun a bit?

jim

thanks for the tip,
very interesting…

did some more research…and found this in the google cache…

"Zeiss Conquest HD 82mm 25-50 Wide Angle 52 80 38 B&H ...
www.bhphotovideo.com › ... › Spotting Scopes

Expected availability: September 01 2014 … ----- .."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c....html+&cd=5&hl=sv&ct=clnk&gl=se&client=safari

Last edited:
Anyone heard any more on this Conquest Scope? ....we are into 2015 and yet all of the pics have been taken down, nothing about it anymore.... Ideas on what happened? jim

since the launch of the SF binoculars was delayed I guess other product launches had to wait,
but maybe this spring we will see the Conquest spotting scopes…if they exist!
If they do, we might se new "Diascopes" as well...

At the Birdfair in August last I was told that no new Diascope was in the pipeline.This was when I asked if they were going to do one with the Schott glass as in the HT´s....Eddy

For what it's worth, Optics Planet shows these as expected in March 2015. I'm very interested to see more about these.

For what it's worth, Optics Planet shows these as expected in March 2015. I'm very interested to see more about these.

this is getting hot…

:t:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/zeiss-conquest-hd-82mm-25-50x82-spotting-scope.html

"Available Soon! This item will be available for purchase as of early March, 2015.
Zeiss Conquest HD 82MM 25-50x82 Spotting Scope Product Info
Zeiss Conquest HD 82MM 25-50x82 Spotting Scope is a superior device that provides awesome resolution for the best possible viewing. These Spotting Scopes give sound quality that is suitable for your spectating needs. Zeiss has been an industry leader in the industry of optics technology, for a reasonable length of time, and the Zeiss Conquest HD 82MM 25-50x82 Spotting Scope is the final result of their determined initiatives to guarantee that you possess a strong and dependable scope for your next viewing session. Zeiss Conquest HD 82MM 25-50x82 Spotting Scope uses sturdy and long-lasting resources that viewers have depended on from their optics gear. Here, at OpticsPlanet, we make sure that you will come across some of the best optical tools out there, and Zeiss Conquest HD 82MM 25-50x82 Spotting Scope is sure to supply the best reliability and overall performance that users should have in a scope. For the best solution in viewing that special moment with quality, select the Zeiss Conquest HD 82MM 25-50x82 Spotting Scope.
Zeiss 528038-0000-000: Conquest HD 82MM 25-50x82 Spotting Scope, Matte Black"

seems that there will be a 20-70x EP as well,

http://www.opticsplanet.com/zeiss-conquest-hd-82mm-20-70x82-spotting-scope.html

wonder if this scope will be manufactured in the Meopta factory…

Last edited:
Indeed yes...looks hot. If the Conquest scope is as solid as the bins, this will be a solid competitor in the lineup. I know you get what you pay for, but I am finding that unless you go after the $5000 Nikon or Swaro...the scopes near $1500 to $3500 are real close. Hope for this one too

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back