• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

composing your photographs (1 Viewer)

Nigel

Thank you so much. Never forget that many people - especially me - need all the help we can get!

Thanks again.

A great tutorial Nigel. I certainly try to follow all of the points, but it is a constant challenge to consider all of them, all of the time! BTW, your pics are fantastic!

Thanks for taking the time to do that piece Nigel. Very timely as my D60 arrives today! No big lenses for me yet so I'll have to stick to digiscoping for long range stuff.

I know I've been guilty of all the composition errors, after cutting the feet off a wonderful picture of a Robin once I've paid more attention to birds feet & tails.

Nice tips for the bird flight shots :t:

I did a search for Dalton's Swallow picture you mentioned and could only find a very small version of it, do you know where I could admire this photo in greater detail?

Cheers.
Dylan.

HI Dylan
I think you will need to search out Stephen Daltons books, the local library might be the best place to start. I know this shot was also used on a Mike Oldfield record cover.

Nige

If you call in at the Music Section, Dylan, I'm pretty sure it's the cover to "The Essential Mike Oldfield"

Thank you Nigel for the excellent advise, I will try to think about all the points you made.
In the heat of the moment, not always an easy task for a beginner like me!
I do love your pictures. Wow.
Paula

I have that Oldfield album... I knew these old records would come into favour again one day!
Nigel I wanted to say that your timely tips on composing and flight shots is very helpful to me and I have printed it off .. I do hope that is alright with you.I quite possibly should have asked you BEFORE printing..darn!!!:)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back