• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Swarovski EL in pieces (1 Viewer)

Vespobuteo

thats a lot of pieces,
starting to get a bit worried that I won't get this
thing working again..
;)

Attachments

• swaro-pieces-2.jpg
    swaro-pieces-2.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
That's beautiful, a nice 3D jigsaw puzzle to keep you busy.

What are the windowed rectangulars down left (one shows a spectre, as if it is glassed)?

It kind of reminds me of when someone took the socket server apart (don't ask) and when they put it back together they had two select() calls and an FD_ISSET macro left over. It didn't work too well afterwards, and had to be put down. But at least with software you can take a backup... not quite so easy with binoculars :eek!:

I'm glad it's you! They would be dead bins if it were me:gn:

...Mike

Last edited:
Very brave, looks daunting. I had a Zeiss Notarem roof apart once and that was bad enough to get back, and not remotely near this many pieces. Good luck.

Funny that some people believed he really took his new EL apart and now he's trying to put it back together---but I cannot be fooled as he might have an "old" EL but not the new one......otherwise I would have believed him, even if I cannot see a reason....

Last edited:
A braver man than I! :t:

That said, is the glass so well designed and built that fine tuning adjustments are no longer needed?
Where does the calibration get done?

the pic is from our new EL folder, and giosblue was right, the noble gas filling is pictured down the right hand side of the image.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back