• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera for digiscoping (1 Viewer)

Hi Friends:

I am new in this community. After reading a lot on digiscoping and seeing the photos taken by the members I am just amazed.

I am interested in digiscoping - can some one please sugeest the following;

1, The most recommended P&S camera and its required feature
2. The recommended spotting scope

Thanks folks again. I hat you off !!!! An advanced thanks for your tips and help

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum.

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello ;)

You might want to duplicate your query in the Digiscoping sub-forum here as it will get a lot more attention in that area. Good luck and hopefully we'll see some shots from you before long ;)

Hello tusharkroy,
And another welcome to the Birdforum. Following KC's suggestion will get you a lot of info. Unfortunately you won't get just one answer as to best camera and best scope. There are lots of cameras out there that are pretty good but none that are "perfect" for digiscoping. You'll just have to decide which one you like best. Let us know how you get on with the digiscoping.

tusharkroy said:
Hi Friends:

I am new in this community. After reading a lot on digiscoping and seeing the photos taken by the members I am just amazed.

I am interested in digiscoping - can some one please sugeest the following;

1, The most recommended P&S camera and its required feature
2. The recommended spotting scope

Thanks folks again. I hat you off !!!! An advanced thanks for your tips and help
Hi...

Fuji F30
SRB~Griturn digiscoping adapter
Zeiss 85 / Nikon ED82 / Lecia Apo77 / Swarovski 80HD
Solid tripod and smooth pan/tilt head, e.g. Velbon SherpaPro + Manfrotto 700RC2

Take your pick from the scopes! In the US the Nikon is exceptional value and the 30xW would be a fine choice. For birding I like the Zeiss 85 with 20-60x zoom.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back