• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Favourite Bird Artist (2 Viewers)

Colleen, you're thinking of Alan Lee.

Welcome on board Alan, your paintings have been an inspiration to me for a long time, ever since I had a 10"x8" hedgehog hung under a four foot square fox family of yours!

Mike

Yep, Darren's a brilliant artist and birder and a top all-round guy. I first met him when I was on an assignment for Birdwatching Magazine in Welsh-Wales nearly 20 years ago and, even though he was very young, was already developing a strong personal style. Not unlike our own prodgious Mr Derry, in many respects.

thanks Mike, you're right, there was a real similarity between the two in that barn owl work.

I love Darrens' work, really inspirational, thanks for posting, I've never seen his work

Always been a big R.B Talbot Kelly fan myself...and of course...Ennion!

ps...Chloe...[Talbot K's daughter]...and Alex...[her son]..have had a picture framing business in Leicester for a long time...

pps....Alex is an excellent vocalist by the way...[have been to a few of his gigs]...great bloke too...!

Always been a big R.B Talbot Kelly fan myself...and of course...Ennion!

ps...Chloe...[Talbot K's daughter]...and Alex...[her son]..have had a picture framing business in Leicester for a long time...

pps....Alex is an excellent vocalist by the way...[have been to a few of his gigs]...great bloke too...!

Chloe's also a great artist in her own right don't forget U, particularly like her West African stuff.

your punishment is the knowledge that you have a filthy, filthy mind! :eek!:eek::D

You are correct that i do possess 'that' sort of mind Nick...however...i do not consider it a punishment...;)....[chuckle]...!

ps...Mark....yeah...Chloe T K is a very talented artist too of course....[how is she doing these days?...i've not spoken to Alex for a while]...

I can't look at Nick's post anymore....i have no 'p' left.....

ps...i wish there was an available 'icon' where a pint of beer is downed and then spluttered back up again....B :)

pps..Nick....many thanks for one of the funniest lines i've ever read on BF...:t:

U's always had a dirty mind Nick, but that statement is absolutely priceless, I nearly choked myself!

Alex is cool U, framed some stuff up for me recently (I know guys, I'll put some stuff up at some stage rather than appearing from the wings), Chloe's been taking it a little easier I think, well deserved too.

U's always had a dirty mind Nick, but that statement is absolutely priceless, I nearly choked myself!

Alex is cool U, framed some stuff up for me recently (I know guys, I'll put some stuff up at some stage rather than appearing from the wings), Chloe's been taking it a little easier I think, well deserved too.

Even thinking about 'that sentence' makes me crack up...[i think that we ought to print it out and get Alex to frame it]....!

ps...do you think i'll get banned from this art department for 'lowering the tone'....?

pps...good to hear that Chloe's taking it easy...nice lady!

Yep, Darren's a brilliant artist and birder and a top all-round guy. I first met him when I was on an assignment for Birdwatching Magazine in Welsh-Wales nearly 20 years ago and, even though he was very young, was already developing a strong personal style. Not unlike our own prodgious Mr Derry, in many respects.

That similarity is something I've thought about as I've been enjoying DW's 'Up River' which I received for Christmas. I have to say it was the very best present I got. It's been a real pleasure to look at. Now just awaiting Nick's publication!

Chloe's also a great artist in her own right don't forget U, particularly like her West African stuff.

As I was about to say before we got distracted here, ;), it was her drawings of House Sparrows I think in 'Drawing Birds' that got me thinking that ALL birds could be used as subjects for the very best art. I was really impressed. Sad to say I haven't seen any of her work outside of that.

Hi there fellow birders, I have just bought a really nice hand painted piece of porcelain which is of a kookaburra and signed by Margaret Gray... Has anybody come across this artist before as I cant find any information on her? Many thanks in advance

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back