• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help pls .camlink spotting scope (1 Viewer)

tecco

My son has a camlink 20-60x80mm zoom scope Whenhe puts it on tripod and attaches camera(canon 450d) hes uses remote to take picture but when the shutter closes it makes the camlink vibrate slightly anyone know how to stop this pls .thanks

Try going into the custom settings and choose 'mirror lock up'. Use this in combination with the 2 second or 10 second timer. I use the 2 second timer and find that is sufficient. When the remote shutter is pressed the camera will flip up the mirror and then wait 2 or 10 seconds before the picture is taken and this allows any vibrations to stop.

Paul.

Does using live view on a 450D disable the mirror? Got a feeling it might and if so could solve the problem

Even though you disable the mirror there is still the focal plain shutter that may cause vibration in a slr. Gene

You would need to be shooting extremely slow, like getting down to 1/5 second or less exposures before that was an issue and maybe have a tripod made of three twigs ;). Locking up the mirror will solve vibration issues as long as wind or something else isn't causing them.

Huntso, live view locks up the mirror but the lcd screen doesn't always show a correctly exposed image, especially in manual mode the lcd will be very dark unless your adapter has electrical contacts.

Paul.

Thanks for clarifying my somewhat vague info Paul, didn't realise that as i'm not into Digiscoping and wasn't even entirely sure about the live view (never used it on my 40D) and mirror up

Cheers
Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back