• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help sought from Vancouver birders (1 Viewer)

jimtfoto

Hi guys:
I have a quuck business trip scheduled to Vancouver (March 25-29) and was hoping to squeeze in a bit of birding while there (getting up early, early and checking out one of the refuges, and hopefully finding some more hours before flying back to Toronto). A friend of mine at work recommended George Reifel Sanctuary as the place to visit if I can only make it to one. I'm wondering if Vancouver birders agree ... and if so, what I can expect at this time of year. Also, if you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

cheers, and thanks,
jim

Jim only just noticed your post visited Vancouver over 15 years ago and cant remember many of the locations that i went to but i did go to the Reifel bird sanctuary and found it an excellent place also on the way there i stopped off at a sewer work somewhere near the airport,very good for waders but you need a scope.Also on several early mornings i visited a plce that i think was called Maple flats it was on the river on the same side as West Vancouver but up the other end just before the second bridge over the river(Not the Lion Gate bridge?)Sorry i cant be of more help but as no one else has replied to your post i thought i would confirm Reifel as one to visit.Enjoy your visit to Vancouver its a lovely city.

Ooops! Sorry Jim I missed your post also. If you're checking BF while in Vancouver be sure to check out Iona Beach Regional Park next to the airport which Graham referred to. Also be sure to check the Vancouver rare bird alert at 604-737-3074 for recorded messages of birds of interest. Yes the Reifel Refuge is probably the best for a one shot quick visit.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back