• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My humble binoculars (1 Viewer)

rodrigator

https://facebook.com/groups/binotopia/
Binofriends Hello , recently I joined this great forum. We want to share photos of my binos . Perhaps not everyone is as spectacular but I enjoy what each can offer . Surely you have great binos and propose any photo Bino add more love .
Regards !!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/el_rodro/

Binofriends Hello , recently I joined this great forum. We want to share photos of my binos . Perhaps not everyone is as spectacular but I enjoy what each can offer . Surely you have great binos and propose any photo Bino add more love .
Regards !!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/el_rodro/

Welcome ! You have a good collection of bins and mostly vantage porros. I especially like the EDF. Very sharp though yellowish tint. Military bins at the age are all behave same anyway.

Your parallelogram is no humble at all.
I own just a few and a want a couple more
post-88854-0-76908000-1432577413_thumb.jpg

You have some nice binoculars there Rodrigator. Very nice condition throughout the collection. I'm very partial to the design on the EDFs. I had a set once, and they were very rugged and compact. I have a set of NVAs from the early 1960s now, but they're a bit hazy so I'm going to clean them up.

Attachments

• IMG_9442SM.JPG
    IMG_9442SM.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 47
Welcome ! You have a good collection of bins and mostly vantage porros. I especially like the EDF. Very sharp though yellowish tint. Military bins at the age are all behave same anyway.

Thank You! I tell you that here in my country is hard to find variety of binoculars. I usually buy used binoculars and have also sold some. I am not a collector but when I find someone who love me , that will stay with me .

Thank You! I tell you that here in my country is hard to find variety of binoculars. I usually buy used binoculars and have also sold some. I am not a collector but when I find someone who love me , that will stay with me .

Nice collection I would say you have done well.

Your parallelogram is no humble at all.
I own just a few and a want a couple more
post-88854-0-76908000-1432577413_thumb.jpg

The parallelogram is produced in-house and is very useful for comfortably observing the night sky at any time of the day.

Oh! that beautiful binos ! Binos These are truly amazing:eek!:
I was always curious to see through these Canon .
I congratulate you . I think the same thing happens to us all . We want more !
I want to get the Fujinon 25x150 someday!:king:

Last edited:
You have some nice binoculars there Rodrigator. Very nice condition throughout the collection. I'm very partial to the design on the EDFs. I had a set once, and they were very rugged and compact. I have a set of NVAs from the early 1960s now, but they're a bit hazy so I'm going to clean them up.
Thank You! True, the EDF has a strong yellow tint for its optical radiation resistant . Beyond that , the vision is really clear as to the fine details . It is not a bird watcher expected but they were designed for military use. However it is an impressive binocular and a pride for any bino - fan . I have understood that the EDF is the roof replacement model of your photograph.

I fully disarmed and clean each joint binocular I buy vintage . Usually they bring internal fungi. So each prism , objective lens is disassembled, cleaned and collimated . The result is a bright, clean image , as if the bino new.

Last edited:
Welcome to Bird Forum. I find your Tasco International a most interesting binocular, since I have never seen one other than your picture. Do you know when it was manufactured? Do you see many of those in Argentina? I suspect it is one of your favorite binoculars. I'll have to go on line and see what kinds of birds are native to your country. Tell us when you can how birding is catching on in Argentina. Best wishes.

John

Welcome to Bird Forum. I find your Tasco International a most interesting binocular, since I have never seen one other than your picture. Do you know when it was manufactured? Do you see many of those in Argentina? I suspect it is one of your favorite binoculars. I'll have to go on line and see what kinds of birds are native to your country. Tell us when you can how birding is catching on in Argentina. Best wishes.

John

Hi John , thanks for the welcome !
The Tasco 7x35 is great.
It has a beautiful purple coating. Its construction is solid as was customary at the time. It's the 70's. The vision is minimally yellowish , nothing serious . The best is their generous visual field of 11 ° but his eye relief is too short. To enjoy your visual field as a whole is a good idea to remove their eyecups . These are threaded and remove them allows us to bring the eyes. His integrity as a collectible instrument is not affected because we can re- thread the eyecups . I think it would have been ideal design without them.
His closest focus is great from 3 meters can have a great focus.
I think the Tasco International is great for bird watching .

Our national bird is the " hornero " . We see them at all times and everywhere . I have around a small video of one of them making their nest. If I can find what I upload .
I love to see the " carancho " is fields but not in the city rarely seen on buildings.

Attachments

• DSC00085.JPG
    DSC00085.JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00088.JPG
    DSC00088.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00089.JPG
    DSC00089.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00090.JPG
    DSC00090.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Hornero.jpg
    Hornero.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hi John , thanks for the welcome !
The Tasco 7x35 is great.
It has a beautiful purple coating. Its construction is solid as was customary at the time. It's the 70's. The vision is minimally yellowish , nothing serious . The best is their generous visual field of 11 ° but his eye relief is too short. To enjoy your visual field as a whole is a good idea to remove their eyecups . These are threaded and remove them allows us to bring the eyes. His integrity as a collectible instrument is not affected because we can re- thread the eyecups . I think it would have been ideal design without them.
His closest focus is great from 3 meters can have a great focus.
I think the Tasco International is great for bird watching .

Our national bird is the " hornero " . We see them at all times and everywhere . I have around a small video of one of them making their nest. If I can find what I upload .
I love to see the " carancho " is fields but not in the city rarely seen on buildings.

Here's my humble old Tasco which I've had for nearly a couple of decades. It's always been there for me when needed and I've really enjoyed its views. It's endured some rugged use and I've rebuilt it numerous times. I found it sitting under the counter of a charity shop for $15. It's had some hideous drops and falls...the worst of which was when I somehow dropped it getting out of the car, but then my auto reflexes tried to snatch it as fell but in doing so I clumsily flicked it a further ten feet into the air from where it freefell onto the bitumen landing on the side of an objective. It's never been quite the same despite my best efforts at collimation etc.

Then, a couple of weeks back I tried to tidy it up a bit only to snap its axle screw head aargh.
I wonder if tasco would recondition my dear old bino? ;)

Edit: if anyone has any info or history on this Bino id love to hear it. I've never really known much about it. just enjoyed using it!

Double edit: actually, this Bino is quite sentimental to me. I'd pay to have it tidied up. I don't need or want the thing looking perfect, but working decently would be great. Any ideas for an Australian service?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hi! It is a beautiful binocular . Very similar to my Tasco . It notes that has been with you for a long time . I disarmed every vintage binocular I bought and I cleaned completely . Will gladly help rebuild yours if we were not that far.
The only thing I would recommend is that you try to find another like it . Even broken. For the spare parts.
Or perhaps a similar one.
My Tasco I bought it just last month at a price equal to $ 11
!!! Quite a find :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back