• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon i965 v Canon i865 (printers) (1 Viewer)

peteh

Hello

Does anyone have any experience of either of these printers?
I will be mainly using it to print off my photographs and know the i965 is designed as a photo printer whereas the i865 is designed as a photo capable printer but I was just wondering is the i965's print quality on photos noticeably better.
Basically I am trying to figure out if the i965 is worth the extra 70 quid

Thanks
Pete.

Last edited:
Reviews of the i865 suggest it is superb - speedy for non-photo and sharp for photos. The same can be said for the i965 - but I think that is reckoned to be less good on non photo work. Canon printers used to have a reputation for needing Canon paper to give of their best, which is why I chose Epson a couple of years back (and have never regretted the decision). But things have moved on in such a short time - I'll be keen to read other posts on this thread to find out what experience others have (but these are both new printers).

I am using a Canon i905D with Canon A4 photo paper. It produces superb results to my eyes and is fast too. Only use it for photo printing and nothing else.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back