• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cuckoos (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
Hi there

After my walkabout yesterday once more in the Priory Park area of Bedford, I heard a cuckoo calling in the distance towards Sandy. :-O

At first I thought I was hearing things, and the cuckoo seemed to get closer, but not close enough to see.

How easy is it to see a Cuckoo and how are the current numbers in the UK at the moment?

I also heard a cuckoo while on holiday in Menorca a couple of weeks ago.

Regards
Kathy
x

Hi Kathy
I've heard 4 or 5 this year. This is an improvement on only 1 last year. As for seeing one, the only time I can definately say I have was when I found a Blackbirds nest, crumbs let me think, probably about 27 years ago :-(
They female had laid into the nest and the youngster was duly doing what they do best. Other than that I think I may have spotted them but cannot say for sure.
Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back