• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waxwing Cheltenham Uk (1 Viewer)

Mike Beer

I have previously posted this in the wrong forum which I got very slightly told off for my fault learn something every day. I saw about 12 Waxwing in Cheltenham today I have never seen them here before is it normal to see them in the middle of Uk. 3 pictures attached. The last picture is where they were feeding.

Attachments

• P1140793.jpg
    P1140793.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 84
  • P1140756.jpg
    P1140756.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 100
  • P1140789.jpg
    P1140789.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 105
Waxwings always a good sighting, even the more so in Cheltenham. Generally sporadic in their appearance in the UK, scarce in most years, occasional influxes bringing larger numbers in other years. This winter in particular is seeing very large numbers across much of the UK, so your birds fit into the pattern.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Information I have been asking around and there have been a few sighting in Cheltenham in the last few days, some quite large numbers. A new tick for me.

Mike

I have yet to see any in my area, so it was good to share your photos. Thanks!

Your welcome makes a change for me to get a half decent photo. Talking to a friend today who saw 70 at a different location in Cheltenham today which probably included the ones I saw yesterday no sightings today.
Mike.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back