• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jinja Uganda (1 Viewer)

Game Bird

Gamebird
This is a very poor photo of an insectivorous species taken in Jinja, Uganda by my son. Any ideas please?

Attachments

• Bird Jinja.jpg
    Bird Jinja.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 51
Err....for Grey-headed, the head is grey, surely. Whereas here it seems to be white. And the back is blue, not black in the photo, so Woodland, not Grey-headed. Overall: Woodland (juvenile, probably; bill not red)

Last edited:
I tend to agree with MacNara, but what about also considering Blue-breasted? In range?

I say this because the whole breast, chest and face looks about the same pale whitish. The back may be blackish in the middle too.

It is not the best photo and some bleaching artefact is going on, so it will be hard to pin down with any accuracy. So all of Grey-headed, Blue-breasted and Woodland are possible, if in range, I think.

Thank you all for your contributions. I guess it will remain indeterminate in the absence of a decent photo. Was taken as a grab shot by my son on his 'smart' phone.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back