• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic G3 (1 Viewer)

owdfosil

Hello everyone, I'm new on site today, just wondered if anyone has used a Panasonic G3 camera for digiscoping. I have a Hawke Frontier spotting scope and would like the above camera but I'm having difficulty finding the connection for it, before I buy.
Hawke apparently don't do Panasonic fittings. |=(|

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from the entire staff here at BirdForum :t:

I've moved your thread to the digiscoping section as you will likely get more feedback here ;)

Hello owdfosil
My post of march 21st in the G1 thread provides some information on the G3 and particuraly on which lenses will an will not work on my scope eyepiece combination. I have no experiance with your scope brand. Different eyepieces will most likely give different results. Coming form the P6000 digicam I like the G3 a lot.

Regards and good luck finding the appropriate combination for your scope. Sjerp

My feeling is that the G3 would be too much camera for the Hawke scope, although I have had no experience with it.
If you have access to smaller digicams I would test them out , either hand holding to the eyepiece or using rolled up cardboard to center.
A bigger, more expensive camera doesn't always result in better photos unless the lens is equal or better quality.
Neil

Hello owdfosil
My post of march 21st in the G1 thread provides some information on the G3 and particuraly on which lenses will an will not work on my scope eyepiece combination. I have no experiance with your scope brand. Different eyepieces will most likely give different results. Coming form the P6000 digicam I like the G3 a lot.

Regards and good luck finding the appropriate combination for your scope. Sjerp

Thanks for the info, I now have the Hawke photo adapter and have found a T2 four thirds mount so I will try the G3 camera on my scope , I may have try other combinations, fortunatly I have the time and hopefully the patience. |:S|

My feeling is that the G3 would be too much camera for the Hawke scope, although I have had no experience with it.
If you have access to smaller digicams I would test them out , either hand holding to the eyepiece or using rolled up cardboard to center.
A bigger, more expensive camera doesn't always result in better photos unless the lens is equal or better quality.
Neil

Hi Neil, I've got to admit I have thought this is a lot of camera for what I want but I just have got to satisfy my curiosity, I intend to try the combination 'in shop' first, I can purchase another T2 mount, though how many I will need to arrive at the right combination may be a bit of a stopper !

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back