• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pipit spp, Worlds End , Wales ,UK , in May (1 Viewer)

I'd leave the "interesting substances" alone , if I were you. Where have I said there was any difference? You're the one that 'sees' all kinds of differences for 'Icelandic' Mipit, from claiming Mipit with bold supercillia to posting articles about moult sequences. I''ll state clearly, and unambiguously my opinion. My belief is that Mipit are monotyipc. Mipit, like many monotypic species, may ( MAY ) differ in moult sequences, depending on whether they originate from the core area or the periphery. On present knowledge it is not known if Mipit breeding on Iceland are identifiable by moult or plumage. There may be ( MAY be ) some differences in moult timing but, we don't know. I hope this clarifies my position for you.

A complaint has been put in about your comment.

No I'm not, I just have editing rights to this forum

So you are a staff member on Birdforum

I put in a complaint and also posted it on Birdforum as Chris was initating that I am a drug user, take drugs, or are on drugs. Offensive remarks.
To this you reply
I know where my money lies on this

Is this your personnal view or gained by discussion with moderators on this site.
Do any other forum members on this forum, would like to be acccussed of being a drug user, take drugs, or on drugs by Chris Butterworth.
Comments like this from Chris should not be tolerated on the Birdforum site.

This is getting beyond a joke now.

JHDraytonbassetpits, I apologise, unreservedly, for any offence, that any remark I may have made, gave.

I can see you were very upset by it, but there is no reason to become aggressive with other members. Can we draw a line under this incident, and thread, now?

I put in a complaint and also posted it on Birdforum as Chris was initating that I am a drug user, take drugs, or are on drugs. Offensive remarks.
To this you reply

Is this your personnal view or gained by discussion with moderators on this site.
Do any other forum members on this forum, would like to be acccussed of being a drug user, take drugs, or on drugs by Chris Butterworth.

JHD,

You might like to consider your personal style when posting. I find your posts to be unnecessarily aggressive at times. You can also come over as being arrogant when an argument is well beyond the tipping point (your wigeon thread, for example). I suspect that there are many BF users who'll agree with me about this.

Chris's remark about illicit substances was clearly the result of impatience at your obduracy. It was also, obviously, not intended to be taken at face value.
You now exhibit the behaviour of a man in a losing position who decides the only face-saving gesture he can make is to make an attack on trivia.

There is another way - you could learn to accept with good grace arguments which show your position to be incorrect.

Peter

To this you reply

Chris bandies jibes at people on this forum who are being deliberately contrary to suggested reason. There are quite a few very knowledgeable biologists/ornithologists/hobby birders on this forum, and I count Chris amongst them, but when people use obtuse reasoning, despite contrary advice of several well respected names on this forum, he is, against all reason, still trying to offer advice that you seem determined to ignore. Eventually, he vents his frustration, understandably so. Considering his input as a whole to this forum over the years, I think the Mods are going to let his mild term of indearment slip, don't you? If I am having a particularly thick moment and can't see what is blatantly obvious to everybody else reading the thread, then I deserved to be verbally cuffed round the lug, and his off the cuff rebuttals are often just what is needed for common sense and reasoning to gain the upper hand. Where it is due, I'm all in favour of said rebuke.

To this you reply

OMG......u can't make this crap up! I think I need to go and take some drugs now

JHD,

You might like to consider your personal style when posting. I find your posts to be unnecessarily aggressive at times. You can also come over as being arrogant when an argument is well beyond the tipping point (your wigeon thread, for example). I suspect that there are many BF users who'll agree with me about this.

Chris's remark about illicit substances was clearly the result of impatience at your obduracy. It was also, obviously, not intended to be taken at face value.
You now exhibit the behaviour of a man in a losing position who decides the only face-saving gesture he can make is to make an attack on trivia.

There is another way - you could learn to accept with good grace arguments which show your position to be incorrect.

Peter

Your are entitled to your view, so it's o.k now for me to slag you off as a result of impatience.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back