• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Audubon older vs younger (1 Viewer)

Beautiful specimens !!! One was made in 1971, the other in 1992 — both by Hiyoshi Kogaku. The latter were phased out in 2000 and replaced by Model 820. Your older 1971 model was preceded by two earlier body styles, each having several eyecup variations, dating to 1958 when the company was called Swift & Anderson.

Ed

Really great photo's!!

Even though my main birding bin is a Zeiss victory 8x42 HT, my old Audubon 804 blue stripe is still used most days for looking at the birds in the garden. It still impresses with it's lovely relaxed view.

A classic, I'll never part with it.

Sandy

Really great photo's!!

Even though my main birding bin is a Zeiss victory 8x42 HT, my old Audubon 804 blue stripe is still used most days for looking at the birds in the garden. It still impresses with it's lovely relaxed view.

A classic, I'll never part with it.

Sandy

Hello Sandy,

Old binoculars have their history, and perhaps the soul?

I have the MKII large body 1972, Sandy, and while they are a handful, the view is beautiful. Having had them re-collimated and adjusted, I think they will outlast me before adjustment is needed again. Swaros would be nice, but at a fraction of the cost, these suit me very well for my garden viewing!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back