• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mallorca - Balearic Warbler? (1 Viewer)

Brian Stone

A Stone chatting
Hi. I have two days in Mallorca coming up in just over a week staying in Palma. Probably won't have a car and certainly won't be able to spend the whole time birding. Is Balearic Warbler even a possibility given these limitations and the time of year? If so some advice please. Thanks! :t:

If you can get to Port de Pollenca or Formentor by public transport, as Xenospiza suggests, then the north end of the Boquer Valley should be your best bet.

I saw them this time last year on the opposite side of the road from the first big Mirador along the Formentor Peninsula. Hard work in the strong wind but detected by call and then responded well to pishing. Also Alpine Acc etc

Have you tried posting on the Mallorca thread (Forums > Your Local Patch > Europe & Rest of the World Patches > Europe > Spain including the Canary & Balearic Isles > Mallorca 2017)?

That is very useful (and not sure why I didn't think of it - been using it for other things!). Thrown up a couple of sites fairly close to Palma which should be reachable by public transport. Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back